POLL: Would you buy your KJ again??

• Yes

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No, I'd get another Jeep (JK)

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wagonbldr

Reaction score
Probably not. Am unhappy with the vibration issues. Bought my 03 used about 6 weeks ago. Wanted another Cherokee, but couldn't find one at the time. The ride is good and the gas mileage is about 1 or 2 mpg better than the "95 Cherokee I had. Maybe after it grows on me some more.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife pointed out that almost every KJ you see on the road is driven by a woman and said I drive a girl car. Since then I've always wanted to make my KJ look a little more macho... but I just don't see many easy mods that do much for the looks...

At least in AZ, I've been starting to notice that is less the case now then it was six months ago. I think as the Liberty has aged, guys have realized they can get those cheap with 4Lo now and the women have moved on bigger and better things....

jeepmedic46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would, We have 2 a 02 and a 04 and love them both. No problems with either. and very safe for the kids.:)

ScottZ0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I knew than what I know now I probably would say no. Thats only because I would probably look for a renny instead of my sport. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but its a little "plain Jane" for my liking. I've already invested in side nerf bars, rear tail light grills, new tires, and a bunch of little stuff that I can't remember that comes with a loaded renny. All and all though, I love it.

ScottZ0

Attachments

• P1000338.jpg
    P1000338.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 9

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say yes i am very glad i bought the kj. This was my first jeep, first 4x4 and i learned a lot about off-roading and stuff since i bought it. At the time i bought it i couldn't have possibly known i would be buying lift kits and big mt tires for it. Nor did i know anything about SFAs or stuff like that. Heck, i was driving a dodge caravan before this. I bought it because i needed a versatile vehicle, something i could use for my work to haul computer equipment around and somthing for play, something to explore the less than ideal back roads around here to do nature photography. I put on over 150K in 3 years for work and have visited many backwoods places and got lots of photo opportunities. It also doubles as a camper van. I have had to put in minimal money for maintenance. So i would say it has been a success.

Boiler

Reaction score
In a heartbeat. I thought I was in love with my Z28 that I sold about 8 years ago....turns out I was only "in like"!

Love the jeep. I'd like to keep it as long as possible and plan on keeping it in top shape for many years.

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Jeep - I've owned BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche's, etc.. obviously the Jeep isn't as well engineered but for functionality, it beats them all!

tomsjeep

Reaction score
Yes. Although I have a few minor complaints about it (1. the seats? did anyone actually sit in those before they finished the design?) I actually enjoy driving it, it's a great commuter vehicle for the Boston metro area, where snowstorms pop up and strand all the Prius drivers from time to time.
The lil' engine has a nice bit of zip to it, but I realy prefer the power of my TJ's 4.0. Different engine with a different purpose though.
Plastic everywhere? Been to the car lot lately? Plastic is in everything. You can always strip it out and fab your own stuff. It's a weight thing with Detroit trying to stay ahead of Congress.
And the girly-Jeep thing! When I bought mine new in '07 and was commenting on another Jeep forum, mine was promptly dubbed "Miss Libby" (and the name has stuck). I don't mind the comforts, or the sun-roof. I suppose I can always plop an ARB bumper on the front... no one will think it's a sissy Jeep then.

ramkum

Reaction score
I have an '03 KJ Freedom Edition (bought in late '07 and it had only ~25k mi). I love how it looks, especially the rivet-look flares and grahite rims on the freedom edition. The tight turning radius is great too. The only thing I might have liked to change is the exaggerated bounce at city speeds, though I still dont know if its just due to bad shocks on mine.

No, I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. Was very tempted to during those oil price surges, but with 3 moves, 1 trailer-tow and all those road trips in the last 1.5 years, it has saved me enough money in rentals to more or less make up for the extra cash burnt at the pump. There's also all that snow we see here in NH - I've never had to shovel any to get my Jeep out.

The only other vehicle that might make me switch is the Jeep Cherokee Sport, if anyone has one in mint condition that is. That was the jeep I was originally looking for in 2007, but never found one that had less than 75k mi on it and wasn't green (I dont like green!). I 'settled' for the Libby when I saw this one with such low mileage and at a good price, and it looked good with its unique flares, if not (to me) as good-looking as the old cherokee sport it replaced. But I've increasingly grown very fond of it ever since.

Latest posts

Members online