would my Jeep look dorky?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Say I put on a frankenlift or an OME lift from Jeepin by Al, and I had P235/70 size tires on my KJ, would it look bad? As in would they look crazy small on the Jeep with it lifted? If you think so, what tire size should I run?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I don't think so, besides it's yours do what you want.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm only asking because it needs tires, I believe that size is a stock size tire, and if it wouldn't look too dorky I would just run them when it gets a lift on it too.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did that on my 03 for 3 months till I got the 245 75 16 the 35 70s did look small.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1053-sittin-good.jpg

They look small. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My buddys been rockin 245-70-16s since he did his lift a year ago
Go for it
I've posted pictures for others before on here somewhere

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres mine with 235/70/16

Looks a little small for me...but not too bad

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Yes it does look a little off ... but better than not lifted :D

That is the main reason I waited until I could do the lift and tires together.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah yes they do look small. The tires on it now are in really sad shape, three of them have a slow leak, one of those three is on the back and I put the spare on. The others just have a slow leak. I didn't run over anything and can't find any small holes. and then one of them is worn pretty bad because I'm in need of a alinement. Whats a good size to run that will fit some what ok on a stock saggy suspension and then look decent for a lift?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah yes they do look small. The tires on it now are in really sad shape, three of them have a slow leak, one of those three is on the back and I put the spare on. The others just have a slow leak. I didn't run over anything and can't find any small holes. and then one of them is worn pretty bad because I'm in need of a alinement. Whats a good size to run that will fit some what ok on a stock saggy suspension and then look decent for a lift?

Go with 245/70-16's. they will fit now without rubbing and will be a bit taller and wider than the stock size. If you go with an aggressive AT it will help in the looks AND performance areas.

P.S. I ran 235's for a few months till I was ready to get new shoes. Yea, it didn't look the way I wanted it to but most people commented on the lift and I don't think even knew the tires were a bit undersized.

Bob

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't say dorky, but you'll want to keep the wheel wells clean. :D It'd be fine though, it'd look good enough.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with 245/70-16's. they will fit now without rubbing and will be a bit taller and wider than the stock size. If you go with an aggressive AT it will help in the looks AND performance areas.

P.S. I ran 235's for a few months till I was ready to get new shoes. Yea, it didn't look the way I wanted it to but most people commented on the lift and I don't think even knew the tires were a bit undersized.

Bob

Does that measure out to about a 30 inch tire?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Yup ... You may have some rub in the front, depending on your springs. I did, but it's relatively easy to trim.

<<< My sig pic is unlifted with 245-70-16 Silent Armour

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3212-p3100115.jpg

235 70 16 on 3 inches of lift, 22 inches hub to fender.

It does look small. 245 70 16 would be better.

3150-245-75-16-duratrac-load-c-6-ply.jpg

245 75 16 for comparison.

2764-a.jpg

235 65 17 pre alignment hub to fender is ~23inches.

Latest posts

Members online