would like to help if I can and get help for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronald

Reaction score
about product #53013816AA this little plastic splash guard can become annoying to remove your filter oil filter on some 3.7 v6 jeeps
the plastic really does nothing except maybe if you can get the filter off it will let the excessive oil drip out other than that do you really need this there if you do not so called off road driving?

Attachments

• I2260525_2pnt.jpg
    I2260525_2pnt.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 10

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
about product #53013816AA this little plastic splash guard can become annoying to remove your filter oil filter on some 3.7 v6 jeeps
the plastic really does nothing except maybe if you can get the filter off it will let the excessive oil drip out other than that do you really need this there if you do not so called off road driving?

Don't see how it is annoying, heck its not even in the road to get to the oil filter ( and all are the same no difference in removing) Takes me about 89 seconds from underneath
And yes it serves a real purpose

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my oil filter far easier to remove after trimming bottom of front bumper off. If that is what I think it is it keeps oil of of the rack bushing which likes to deteriorate when oiled.