Word censorship?

WheelNut

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the censorship of words on this forum? There are tons of random words that show up only as "*****" and this can make some posts tough to read as critical words will be censored. This forum isn't one that has a whole lot of lewd language, so this feature is more of a bother than a help.

Example: s c r e w = *****

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
there was enough
just choose your words wisely
NO turning it off , which of course would defeat the whole purpose

WheelNut

Reaction score
Is there a list of banned words? Without that how can one choose their words carefully? There seems to be plenty of technical words that are censored.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a list of banned words? Without that how can one choose their words carefully? There seems to be plenty of technical words that are censored.
No list
One of the Mods asked for one or if we could see and pick and choose
but alas there is naught

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, every time you run into one post it here. :D

WheelNut

Reaction score
Those are all just coming up as "*****"! Hahah. You need to separate the letters to get around the censor. I'm assuming this is a list of helpful words that you've posted and not just a bunch of swear words lol.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly hate it and feel it’s over reaching. Our community doesn’t need it and if and when there is a post with ****** words the mods can act fast and remove it.
The amour of traffic here these days - I’m sure the mods wouldn’t have to work any extra overtime ….

BigfootHunter

Reaction score
It’s clunky, i get it for swear words, but come on i can’t even talk about my master cylinder or ***** cylinder.

Edited to add, i swear master got censored in the past but either way, s c r e w is a technical term, now does it have other uses?! Sure, but at the very least someone in forum management should be able to decertify some of them, at least the ones an automotive forum should display.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s clunky, i get it for swear words, but come on i can’t even talk about my master cylinder or ***** cylinder.

Edited to add, i swear master got censored in the past but either way, s c r e w is a technical term, now does it have other uses?! Sure, but at the very least someone in forum management should be able to decertify some of them, at least the ones an automotive forum should display.
OWNERS of the million forum they own
only they can do something sadly
went to 7734 with them