Wish I had known about this place B/F

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockwrangler

Reaction score
I'm new to this place but have been jeeping for 30+ years, thanks to good parents who loved wheeling. I got my wife into wheeling when we first met wich she loves to do. I just sold her lifted v-8 Grand cherokee with 5" lift and 33" tires & 225K miles on it.(Wish I hadn't)
Well I got her a smoking deal on a friends 2003 Kj limited 4x4 with 43K miles for $9000. When I first got it for her she wanted to lift it but I didn't want to lift it (censored). But us having a non-lifted 4x4 that can't be used for at least some mild desert or forest service roads (so I don't have to take my highly modded jeep) did not last. I bought a lift Kit for her B-Day:D right before our 2 week trip to Moab, Ut. for Jeep Safari but didn't have time to install it. Just got back from Safari today (bla bla)

Anyways
I didn't find this place untill After I got a 2.5 " Rocky road lift for the wifes 2003 KJ and then I read about all the problems with this type of kit(blarg). I'm now stuck with a new in the box kit with shocks that I don't even know if I want to chance installing:mad: I just went to there web site to see about returning it and "find out that they will take it back" but won't give me my money back only a credit for something else from them WTF? kind of policy is that. Guess I'll be calling them Directly on Friday to see what I can do. I was going to fabricate up my own rock rails, Guess I can always trade the Lift kit back for some of there rock rails if there built good(libwood)

Has anyone delt with them on returns?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome..... I never dealt with them, but I'm sure someone elce has and will chime in. Be persistant but nice with them and if all elce fails, I'm sure you will be able to find another mod with the return credit....

Dave

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome..... I never dealt with them, but I'm sure someone elce has and will chime in. Be persistant but nice with them and if all elce fails, I'm sure you will be able to find another mod with the return credit....

Dave

I agree, if they won't give you your refund and you don't want anything else from their site you might be able to sell it on this site.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you paid for it using a debit/credit card, you could dispute the charges through Visa/Mastercard.

I would advise the business that either they take it back, or you'll be disputing it through your credit card due to quality and safety concerns...and will post your concerns and bad business practices on "well-known" Jeep websites/forums if the return is not accepted with a cash return. Advise them that the $300 (or whatever the cost) is minimal in comparison to possible lack of future business.

Also, I know very little of the reputation of these Rocky guys, but check with the BBB and see if there are numerous complaints regarding their product.

If you bought it over the phone and used the credit card, advise Visa/Mastercard that you had a verbal agreement that the products, unopened, can be returned for a refund. If you bought it through the internet, advise them that you called first to find out which lift kit is correct, and during that conversation, where told the same thing...and now they are only advising of an exchange/credit.

9 times out of 10, card companies will side with the customer.

Good luck! ;)

rockwrangler

Reaction score
Yeah it was done with a C-card and the Kit is still in the box they shiped it in. I wasn't able to get thru to them today so I'll be waiting till Monday and will try agian.

I just had to open my mouth :eek: and tell the wife I was going to lift her Lil Liberty for her what a great idea.gif I'm just glad I found all the post's here about this type kit. IFS is a PNTA just give me a straight axle any day.

Thanks for the input

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rock wrangler, you could keep the rear shocks and rear poly spacer and swap the front spacer for their front 2.125" Combo kit which is actually a decent kit and add a 1/4" - 3/8" clevis lift to the front to boost it. It doesn't have any of the problems associated with the Budget (OTT) lift kit.

rockwrangler

Reaction score
rock wrangler, you could keep the rear shocks and rear poly spacer and swap the front spacer for their front 2.125" Combo kit which is actually a decent kit and add a 1/4" - 3/8" clevis lift to the front to boost it. It doesn't have any of the problems associated with the Budget (OTT) lift kit.

KJ04 thanks! I also had that Idea but the reason I went for the other kit was I don't like the Idea of using a spacer to increase spring rate. While it will give you the lift you want, it also reduces the travel of the Susp.and strut and could cause over compression of the coil spring.

I have built 7 off road rigs over the years (None with IFS) and I should have known better sad2.gif . I should have done some research before buying this kit, but at the time i was looking for a lift that wouldn't effect the stock ride to much (which was Stupid). I should have been thinking about how the lift would effect other things, like reduced handling by increasing the ride hight with the stock coil spring rates even with sway bars. I think i'll just return the full kit and go with a 4 spring and longer front strut lift.

Here's My built up Wrangler under rockwrangler http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28242

Last edited:

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, and with that combo (and bigger tires), your wife should be able to go almost everywhere your rig will.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clevis lift and spacer plates used in the spring lifts don't compress the spring one little bit, they simply add distance. A spring settles where it sets due to spring load from the vehicle's weight only on our lifts.

rockwrangler

Reaction score
Welp!!!!

Ordered Rusty's spring lift for the Wife's KJ should be in sometime this week!
The other lift goes back on monday. Have a friend that has 5 31-10.5 tires and wheels from his Jeep rubicon in storage. I'm going to trade him the new tires I just had installed and my stock KJ alloy wheels. His Daughter has a 2X4 Lib that my new tires will fit on. Next thing on the List when I get time is to Fab A rear bumper and some rock rails. Tring to figure out what I want to do with the front.