Wiring Diagram for ECU connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dominicI

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a diagram or list of which pins/cables do what on the large plug that goes into the ECU (might be called BCM in the US). Mine is an 2004 Cherokee 2.8CRD (UK)(so basicly a Liberty) an advice?, I'm after finding out which one is the CAN Hi and CAN Lo (for a CAN BUS Feed). I've put another post elsewere but think i may have put it in the wrong section.

Dominic

dominicI

Reaction score
Powerslave, Thanks for that great stuff, a light bit of bedtime reading :)

It would appear that on the Data link connector it's pin 4 Hi (+) and pin 14 for Lo(-) and on the Engine Module conector its 53 for (+) and 54 for (-). The only problem i have is the wires are a completly differant colour, that could be to do with the manual being for a 2006 or because i have a UK model? I'm off now to take it to a mates garage so we can see if the wire colour is the same at the ECU end.

Dominic

dominicI

Reaction score
Took it to my mates garage and had a look at the cables, nothing really seems to match up so i've booked it in with a local Auto electrician, that way if they blow up the ECU it's there fault !!

dominicI

Reaction score
Well it's back from the auto electrician, they spent 3 hours trying to fihure out were it would connect up to with no answer.

So i'm left with one question is my 2004 (build date 2003) a CAN BUS version or not??

If it is, were are the cables?? if not were can i get a speed signal feed???

Help needed big time

Dominic

Serch

Reaction score
Jeep Liberty wiring diagram

Hi everyone,
I´m looking for a wiring diagram for a jeep liberty sport 2004.
ECU and fuse box were stolen and we have recovered them, but all wires were cut, now we need to re install them, thats why I need this diagram.
All your help will be much appreciated

Sergio

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's back from the auto electrician, they spent 3 hours trying to fihure out were it would connect up to with no answer.

So i'm left with one question is my 2004 (build date 2003) a CAN BUS version or not??

If it is, were are the cables?? if not were can i get a speed signal feed???

Help needed big time

Dominic

OK to answer your first question.....your Jeep uses a PCI bus not a CAN bus....totally different to 2006 model.

What exactly is your problem? I can attach a few relevant circuit diagrams here or if you are prepared to download about 63 Mb of PDF data then here is the link to the full KJ service manual and circuit diagram.

Download the "2003 KJ Service manual"....it will be close enough for your model.

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I´m looking for a wiring diagram for a jeep liberty sport 2004.
ECU and fuse box were stolen and we have recovered them, but all wires were cut, now we need to re install them, thats why I need this diagram.
All your help will be much appreciated

Sergio

Hi Sergio, See the link to the manuals that I posted for Dominic!

You should be able to connect the wires color for color unless the cut-off pieces have been lost.