Winter mats for my 2008 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy some winter mats for my 2008 Liberty, but don't want to pay for OEM brand ones. What have some of you bought that will fit the new Liberty???? Thanks for suggestions!

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Husky Liners that I like alot, but they are different from floor mats in that they are meant to keep your carpet clean and dry by creating a tray for the dirt and water. Only small raised area's to keep your feet out of the muck you dragged in. Works for me, but some people don't like them.

Winter floor mats on the other hand try to accomplish both, keep your carpet dry and your feet out of the muck. I think they do a better job at the later. Most don't have a big enough lip around them to keep the water/snow contained.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy some winter mats for my 2008 Liberty, but don't want to pay for OEM brand ones. What have some of you bought that will fit the new Liberty???? Thanks for suggestions!

I bought Cabelas Trail Gear II floor liners for my 02 KJ to replace Highland Black Armor floor guards (I liked the black armors alot & they lasted 5 years). These are by far the sturdiest of the Husky-type floor liners, about 2-3 times as thick, although they are more expensive. These are actually WeatherTech floor liners which have been re-branded with the Cabelas name. I paid $89.99 for the front set. WeatherTech makes these liners for the 08 & 09 Liberty & can be found on their website. They are priced @ $100 for the front alone. They do offer the 1st & 2nd rows together for $160.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=709&Year=2009

Check on the Cabelas site for the Trail Gear II floor liners as they may be priced more competitively. I strongly recommend these liners.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought the OEM brand ones for the winter. They have nice deep grooves....hope I'll like them. Hard to find OTC ones since the footwell space is so darn narrow. Hope they improve that space in future Jeeps!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^I got the "groovy" OEM ones also. Went through 2 winters and we get a lot of snow here in Upstate NY and they use a lot of road salt. (got snow today in both the Catskills and the Adirondacks) I got tired of cleaning it off in the spring so I got Husky Liners for the front. So I will see how they work this year. I noticed that they have high sides and are molded to fit the floor so they should be much better. I'll see. I can still use the OEM ones in the summer.

Dave

airbornekk08

Reaction score
I'll throw in a vote for the Husky liners.

I bought them for my 2003 Liberty; when I bought them and used them through our first winter in Germany, I was sold. I ended up buying them for my 2007 Explorer and I'll be buying a set for my wife's 2008 Liberty now too, in a few days.

I'm sold on the Huskies.

silverfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I should have gone with the Huskie ones:(:(

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I should have gone with the Huskie ones:(:(

Went off half-cocked and got the OEM ones..........eh? Try them out through the winter and see. I have both the OEM ones and the Huskies so I was thinking I could use the OEM ones for the summer.

Variety is good....keeps you from getting bored.....:D

Dave

Latest posts

Members online