Winter '17 / '18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post your winter pictures here!

This is my second winter to drive the Libby, and the first one with any measurable precip. My knees were knocking, coming down our steep hill on ice this morning as I passed a car in the ditch, but the Libby assured me she was built for this. Not a single slip from her! Winters could be fun, now!

Okay, I know you're going to laugh at our measly amount of snow, but there's some ice under it all that made me nervous. Also, our roads were worse at home than where the picture was taken at work.

You must be registered for see images

Pretty pleased with how it handled, considering those are still street tires.

Now let's see some real snow! I hear you're getting some up North ...

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
You've got more snow than I do.

Try 4-Low and downshift for steep, icy downhills. Gravity and tires are still a big factor but you'll have more control. Don't leave it in 4-Low unless road surfaces are slick though.

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got more snow than I do.

Try 4-Low and downshift for steep, icy downhills. Gravity and tires are still a big factor but you'll have more control. Don't leave it in 4-Low unless road surfaces are slick though.

Thanks a million! I certainly put it in low but didn't consider 4 low. I do appreciate the suggestion.

Stay warm up there!

Latest posts

Members online