Window wont roll up or down...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear right window was rolled down so my dog could stick her head out.. I called her back in and started to roll it up, but she went back and put her paws out, and now it's jammed... I could freely roll it up and down by hand (pulling/pushing on it) but now it's all the way down and I cant get it up! I can hear a whirring noise when i use the power window thingy.

What the heck am I gonna do? My dog isnt that big, there wasnt that much weight!

There is rain in the forcast, is there anything I can do for it tonight? Fix it myself?

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was able to get it up, i moved this little rubber strip thingy, shoved my fingers down there and was able to pull it up.

Window regulator... expensive fix? DIY fix for someone who isnt mechanically inclined? Leave it to the Dealer, or a mechanic?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ITBJRC his window regulator was $104 including tax from the local dealer.
Took about a half hour to replace...there's one screw under the little tab thing in the door handle recess and one under the arm rest, and other than that, the door panel just pops off.
Then you have three 10mm bolts to remove; you don't have to take them all the way out, just get them loose, and it just slides right out, then you have a horseshoe clip that holds the window itself to the regulator

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steiger Performance... Get the repair kit, because a new one would just break again anyway.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news, I went to the dealer today and set up an appointment.. he thinks the window just came off the.. uh, crap.. whats it called? The thing that moves it up and down o_O and said it's probaly an easy fix.

Im searching to see how to remove the door panel to find out for myself, cause it'll save me $100.

BTW, replacing this piece is $400 in Alaska, lovely.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cable? case?

totally didn't get the pun, i don't know what cable it is... Layman's terms work best with me :p

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. My window motor died in my back door. The gears stripped. I can move my window freely but if I push it all the way up it does stay up. I'm getting a referb off ebay for a $100 with a life time warranty. Motor, track, and regulator. I'm doing the work myself. It's not that hard to do. Having two people (which i will be having) makes the job easier when it comes to taking out and re-installing the window.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330449267909&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=b3e7f53c1290a02652b58105fff28d82&rvr_id=&ua=WXF%3F&itemid=330449267909

Last edited:

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, thank you for the ebay link... Would save me the expensive dealership price :O

I removed my door panel myself today- Sort of, it was attatched by this blue cord, and i didnt see a way to remove it.. So i propped the panel up with my knee and slowly undid the white protectant thing.. Couldnt see much, so i put it back together. Guess the dealership gets this one.

Latest posts