Window Switch and Mirror Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ewilcox11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 05 that had been in a minor accident. Had to replace both driver side doors with doors from an 03. Everything seems to be working good with 2 exceptions.

1) Rear window switch was reversed. This includes master switch as well as rear switch. Up is down and vice versa. Also, the up does not work. So it is currently stuck in the down position. Can't pull it up by hand.

2) Power mirrors aren't working. When you push the button it chirps and inside lights flash.

Any help is appreciated.

Also looking for parts here:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455316#post455316

And have some for sale here:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455321#post455321

Last edited:

ewilcox11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soneone told me it was a bad switch and that I needed a new master (front) switch. However, if that was the case I would think that the rear switch would still work.

ewilcox11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIXED. I had bought 2 doors from a 2002 to replace my damaged doors on the 05. I had to take the wiring harnesses out of damaged doors and put them in the new doors. Now everything works.

L

lil black liberty

That is really weird hmmm maybe they changed the harnesses between the years???

ewilcox11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very weird. All the connectors were the same and almost everything worked, just the mirror and the rear window. I'm just glad it all works now.

By the way, I now have 2002 door wiring harnesses if anyone needs them. In fact I have tons of misc door parts.

Members online

No members online now.