Window regulator issue (not the normal one).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAPoorBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through numerous threads but couldn't find this type of window regulator issue.

So I have an issue with both front windows but not the normal window regulator issue. Both windows need help when going down but work fine going up. I discovered that the "hard plastic cable housing" cracked and now the "metal cable with felt" comes out of the housing in automatic mode. I can toggle the switch and push the window down by hand to keep the cable from coming out.

My question is, can the housing be purchased alone or will I need to buy an entire unit? Thank you in advanced. :help:

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that housing the one that engages the windows? Or is it the one where the rotor spins the metal cable? If it's the first one, yes, you can buy new ones on ebay.

GeneralPatton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through numerous threads but couldn't find this type of window regulator issue.

So I have an issue with both front windows but not the normal window regulator issue. Both windows need help when going down but work fine going up. I discovered that the "hard plastic cable housing" cracked and now the "metal cable with felt" comes out of the housing in automatic mode. I can toggle the switch and push the window down by hand to keep the cable from coming out.

My question is, can the housing be purchased alone or will I need to buy an entire unit? Thank you in advanced. :help:

Shit I just threw my bad one away due to the motor going out. I could have sent it over to you to if the piece comes apart =/