Will full size spare fit in the trunk standing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With back seats up, XJ style.

Couldn't find any info on KK cargo area dimensions on the internet.

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to use the space underneath on LPG tank. Will work really well if the tire fits standing in the trunk. It does in a KJ but I have no idea how they changed the KK in terms of cargo space.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to use the space underneath on LPG tank. Will work really well if the tire fits standing in the trunk. It does in a KJ but I have no idea how they changed the KK in terms of cargo space.

Well they have MORE cargo space so I would imagine you would be good to go. Only one way to find out...

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decreasing one dimension and increasing other would give more cargo space but the tire might not fit because of the decreased dimension.

I assume somebody here drove their winter/summer tires in the trunk. Nothing replaces an eyewitness account :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note that the XJ had a cut-out or indented area molded into the inside of the wheel well where the spare would sit if I remember correctly. This could make a lot of difference in how the spare would fit or set into place, along with the different cargo area spaces and tire sizes. The only way to see might be to actually put the spare there and see???? I guess??

Dave

jja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the thing is I don't have a KK. I have a KJ now and I am considering getting a KK. So I cannot really do the test myself.

Members online

No members online now.