will 245/70r16s fit?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is the chart that said 245/70r16s will fit but i want to hear from somebody that they will fit, i need my new tires tomorrow and i gotta order them today, they are gonna be the firestone Winterforce tires, just because my sister has had them for two years on her 03 2WD KJ and has been fine in the cleveland winters and they are nicest/cheapest tires i can find :D
So should i stay with 235/70s or move up to 245/70 i know i could pound the pinch weld and do a clevis lift but probably not til spring where its warmer..
Also for sagging purposes its an 06 with 60k

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go, my unlifted '07 Sport with 245/70 16 General Grabber AT2s. No pounding, cutting, or any other modification to the wheel wells at all. Only rubbing I get is very slight while reversing out of a tight parking spot in full lock (very rare).

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone already replied :p

But of course 245/70R16s will fit.

Gives the KJ a very aggressive stance too. ;)

I ran them for 40k! No rubbing issues at all.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was hoping to hear, and they do give it a slightly larger look then the 235s :D
and hopefully come spring the OME springs will be put on and it wont look too silly

Boiler

Reaction score
If you're getting a lift soon, you really want to wait on the tires if you can. That or bite the bullet, get a loan or a credit card, and do the lift too. 245/70 r16 do not look very good with a lift. They are only 1/4" larger diameter than stock 225/75 r16. They're about 3/4" wider though. Check out my lift with 245/70 16's before I put bigger tires on. They look dinky.

245/70 r16
You must be registered for see images attach

even 245/75 r16 don't look that big, but they're better...

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
They look great with stock suspension ... but ... as Boiler has pointed out .. I will need bigger tires after the lift.

Cheers

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
and then compare 245-75-16s to 265-75-16s ;)

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to wait but i have the wonderful goodyears that look like slicks now. Living in Cleveland we have some pretty good snow and i try to stay in 2hi but with these tires i can not even get out of my driveway...

Well i can not get the Firestone Winterforce tires anywhere.... Any other good suggestions for a slighty aggressive treaded tire on a strict budget!?

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the Kuhmo Road Venture AT KL78?
Any one have an option on them?
I could get a set of 4 for about $410 shipped..
and they have a pretty tread :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How about the Kuhmo Road Venture AT KL78?
Any one have an option on them?
I could get a set of 4 for about $410 shipped..
and they have a pretty tread :D

Had them after the Destination ATs
ran for about 20,000/ 22,000 miles still had over half tread left and did pretty good for an AT tire on snow, etc for the price they are real good
Had them in 255-70-16s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I'm talkin' bout! :D

who/what bumper is that on the right? :confused:

Haven't been around much have you? Called a Sundance bumper ,guy out west started making them, took peoples money then spent the next year making up excuses why he never delivered any. Chris ( owner of the KJ there on the right) waited over a year for it to finally arrive. Not sure if everyone ever got theirs or not
Shame not a bad looking bumper , crappy mounting system but looks good in a way
But I would never trust the guy if he ever came out with a line of bumpers , cause he has a line of BS for sure!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I remember reading the story on LOST ... but never saw one ... shame... looks nice from what I can see.

Thanks for the edjumacation :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember reading the story on LOST ... but never saw one ... shame... looks nice from what I can see.

Thanks for the edjumacation :D

"ONE" of my claims to fame
I bet the only person to have mounted an ARB and a Sundance bumper on a KJ in my garage
soon to include an RL front bumper

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i found tirerack.com does have atleast 4 in the Indiana warehouse, so i get to decide a set of firestone winterforce uvs or Kuhmo Road Venture AT KL78 which are a little more costly?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well you'll have the buy a new set of tires for the summer, because the Winterforce ones are snow tires...so I'd get the Kumho Road Venture AT KL78...

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you'll have the buy a new set of tires for the summer, because the Winterforce ones are snow tires...so I'd get the Kumho Road Venture AT KL78...

I know your not suppose to run them year around but actually my sister runs the winterforces year around for 2 years about 25k so far and they still have lots of tread left

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Snow tires sure have changed I guess from when I was used to them...
Here's AT's 245/70, for under $100....
Click