who DOES this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the words of John Travolta "You do not f*** with another man's automobile"

Somebody Kicked in my door panel

Comprehensive insurance in massachusetts has a deductable limit of $300 (so you can't get a lower deductable). I'm not sure what this will cost to fix, but I'm sure it's less than that, so I'm not sure if I want to report it. I tried pulling it out with a plunger. It came out ok, but it's not as good as new, you can still tell it's been dented. Ugh.

Troysterr

Reaction score
That *****. If it's any consolation, the knuckle dragger that did that probably lives in his mom's trailer and rides the bus to his job at McDonalds.

[Disclaimer: I mean no disrespect to men who live with their mothers, or in mobile homes, or to McDonald's employees, or people with unnaturally long arms. But if you fall into ALL of those categories...jeesh, you need help! O:)]

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed it in the middle of the day outside the laundromat. This is the kind of town where nothing bad happens, so I want to believe it happened the night before.

The night before I parked near boston commons (a block away from a valet service, so it's not really a BAD neighborhood). Later in the evening I was parked on memorial drive in cambridge. Both times the driver's door was facing into traffic on fairly busy streets, so I can't imagine it being somebody who was just walking by, since they'd have to have been walking in the street.

My best guesses are:

A). I parked too close to somebody and blocked them in, and they took it personally. Both occasions were parallel parking, so parking close is not unheard of. In that case, though, I would have thought they'd just hit my bumper with their car, whoop-dee-doo, that's what they're for.
B). Some kids saw my cool tire cover and wanted to steal it - found out it was locked to the car with airplane cable and it made them mad enough to kick the car.

I don't think I have any enemies or anything, but I guess I do now.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stuff makes me mad to hear about. On my wife's previous Honda, we stopped at a new Starbucks in what has been a bad area. We were inside for about 10 minutes. We came out and the front bumber had been keyed 43 times! I was surprised to see a Starbucks put there, and well I haven't been back.

Well anyway, hopefully that a-hole that kicked in your door will have it happen to them someday. We can wish can't we?!

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****... I had some ass park 6in from my driverside lastnight when I was at the movie theatre.. It was a beat up red jeep cherokee... Must have a thing against KJs... The ASS...

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn im pissed and its not even my truck...some people are just ignorant and have no respect for other peoples stuff. sorry to hear that, hope you can get it out with that plunger.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You seriously think it will be less than 300 to fix??? (Aeh)

I would be (happily) surprised if you were right about that. I think it will be a lot more. If yo get an estimate, I would love to hear what the numbers are. You need a junker if you're going to go parking on the street in the the congested urban Boston areas. I avoid it like the plague.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, thats going to cost more than 300 bucks. Anywhere other than a paintless dent removal place will want to replace the door skin and repaint that door. It cost ~700 bucks to do that to my wife's Elantra when it was 4 years old #-o

Troysterr

Reaction score
Problem is, even if it costs $700 to fix, you're better off NOT reporting it because you're insurance is going to go up, and you'll end up paying for it yourself, anyway.

That's why I have a $1,000 deductible on both of my policies...it just doesn't make sense to report anything unless your vehicle gets stolen or totalled, or someone gets injured.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dangers of street parking, eh?

Wow. That really *****! Why would someone do that? #-o

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a zero deductable policy, it was great, I didn't mind it when my car got broken into.

Now because I live in mass the minimum deductable I can get is $300. I think I am going to report it, because the car is one month old. If it were a year old I would just deal with a slight dent (the plunger didn't fix it very well), but I paid good money for a new car and I'm going to keep it looking new even if it costs a little more. damn you boston.