Where is the #4 injecter driver wire located at the PCM on an 04 Liberty 3.7 v6 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franky

Reaction score
I am checking for a short on the #4 injecter .
I'm wondering if anyone knows where the wire for #4 is coming out of the PCM ?
So I don't have to unwrap this sketcky loom
and chance destroying anymore brittle
Wiring or crumbling connecters.

Thanks in advance Frank

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am checking for a short on the #4 injecter .
I'm wondering if anyone knows where the wire for #4 is coming out of the PCM ?
So I don't have to unwrap this sketcky loom
and chance destroying anymore brittle
Wiring or crumbling connecters.

Thanks in advance Frank

LibertyTC here has the 2004 KJ Service Manuals which he tried to send to me but I could not download them here on my side. All the other KJ Service manuals bar the 2004 and 2007 are available below but in the long run it would be ideal for you to have the 2004 Manuals for future use.

The 2003 manual will be close enough to the 2004 manual but the wire colors may be different....you can check the wire color going to the #4 injector and look for it going into the PCM.

If you pull the connector off injector #4 and disconnect the connectors on the PCM you should not get any reading from that wire to chassis using the Ohms setting on your meter while the battery is disconnected as there should be no splices coming off that wire.

If that wire is too difficult to trace because it goes deep into an inaccesable harness...you can cut the bad wire off at both ends and replace it with a new wire...taking the shortest route..and tape it up neatly. I have done this about 13 times on my 2002 Export CRD due to the wiring harness going through a metal channel under the radiator!;)

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Section 8W has the wiring diagrams and the end of the Component Location section gives you the location of the splices/grounds/connectors with the connector pin-outs!

Franky

Reaction score
LibertyTC here has the 2004 KJ Service Manuals which he tried to send to me but I could not download them here on my side. All the other KJ Service manuals bar the 2004 and 2007 are available below but in the long run it would be ideal for you to have the 2004 Manuals for future use.

The 2003 manual will be close enough to the 2004 manual but the wire colors may be different....you can check the wire color going to the #4 injector and look for it going into the PCM.

If you pull the connector off injector #4 and disconnect the connectors on the PCM you should not get any reading from that wire to chassis using the Ohms setting on your meter while the battery is disconnected as there should be no splices coming off that wire.

If that wire is too difficult to trace because it goes deep into an inaccesable harness...you can cut the bad wire off at both ends and replace it with a new wire...taking the shortest route..and tape it up neatly. I have done this about 13 times on my 2002 Export CRD due to the wiring harness going through a metal channel under the radiator!;)

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Section 8W has the wiring diagrams and the end of the Component Location section gives you the location of the splices/grounds/connectors with the connector pin-outs!

Franky

Reaction score
Thank you BilllWill for your input on this issue .
That was my next step.

Running a completely new set of wires
From the PCM to the effected. #4 fuel injecter

Due to the fact that overtime , due to high under hood heat , brittle wiring , crumbling connecters & hacks being in there prior & jury rigging things .

Which totally annoys me !

I am going to fix this intermittent issue
and be done with it
Until some other issue pops up !

Thank you BillWill & all the other KJ
forum members for all your priceless
knowledge & years of expertise

Sincerely - Franky from Ct.