Where did you?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 4D and it is mounted to the outside of the driver's seat. I have pictures somewhere, but I can't find them. Must still be on the memory card.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One's in a box in the boot.
One's in the glovebox.
One's attached to my key

:)

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the no-drill route. I cut a piece of scrap plywood to fit against the seat bracket, and used the 2 existing holes in the bracket to mount it. I covered it in some scrap interior vinyl that I got at a fabric store for a buck. Slightly over-engineered, but no holes drilled and my 2D fits good.

You must be registered for see images

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JC said:
I went the no-drill route. I cut a piece of scrap plywood to fit against the seat bracket, and used the 2 existing holes in the bracket to mount it. I covered it in some scrap interior vinyl that I got at a fabric store for a buck. Slightly over-engineered, but no holes drilled and my 2D fits good.
That's a great idea, I just bought a rechargeable Streamlight PolyStinger and couldn't decide if I wanted to drill holes or not. There on the seat is definitely where I want you mount it though.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Gringo Loco said:
Here you go
Yep, thats it. Get yerself a nice black Maglite to go with the color of your KJ and your ready to rock and roll Fouros!

x3. Only mine is a 2D...been thinking about upgrading it to a 4 though...

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Gringo Loco said:
Here you go
Yep, thats it. Get yerself a nice black Maglite to go with the color of your KJ and your ready to rock and roll Fouros!

\:D/

santa got me a black 3D and black 2 AA for xmas =D>

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you bother with a Mag lite? They are none too "light" and sure are awful bulky...besides, they aren't even that bright. Check out SureFire's line up of lights. I have an A2 Aviatior (I was a pilot, so I could justify a $185 light at the time...) and it is at least 5x brighter than our 3D maglite. They make alot of cheaper models as well, but almost all of them are brighter, lighter, and MUCH smaller than a Mag. They're available over at www.surefire.com. My A2 runs on 2 3v Lithiums and is about...5 inches long, and cranks out 65 Lumens for an hour and a half (about 3 months worth of use in my experiences) and weighs probally like...10oz? Check them out, they're infinitley portable and much easer to carry than a mag.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've had to use (or rather threaten to use) my Maglight for reasons that can't be rated in Lumens. And in that incident, the weight of the light would have been a positive factor.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JC said:
Unfortunately I've had to use (or rather threaten to use) my Maglight for reasons that can't be rated in Lumens. And in that incident, the weight of the light would have been a positive factor.

Very good point... I haven't but the weight and size would definitely be a bonus - good to hear the maglight saved the day in your case

Y-Guy

Reaction score
Sweet, glad I am not the only one that does this. I pulled the Mag off my F350, I was looking at installing my black Mag tonight.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got around to installing my new Streamlight flashlight this afternoon. This is where I had first thought about mounting it it. However, once I looked under the carpet and realized there was no metal all the way from the door to the seat bracket I tried all kinds of other places to no avail because of the size of the charger. The screw closest to the door is very secure but the one near the seat is just in the carpet and thick padding on the underside of the carpet. On a side note there is a bolt and a ground wire for something right underneath the carpet near the seat.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3D is lying on the floor by the drivers seat, facing backwards, held in place by its large head and some protrusion from the floor (seat bolt?)

Nothing fancy, it's just - there...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.