When my front brake lines ruster a while back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdlgiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It lost alot of brake fluid. I filled it back up, replaced the front flexible lines with new ones and bled each wheel 3 to 4 times. It seems okay when driving around town but decided to get on interstate and while driving at higher speeds it seemed a little difficult to stop. It does if I mash down ******* the brake.
It also seems that if I mash down on the brake it feel like it doesn't go down all the way and don't get that feeling that the brakes are working as they should. I do not hear any air coming out of pedal so thinking that I may need to bleed them again just for good measure.. maybe 5 or 10 times per wheel and see if that works.
The lines rusted about 3 months ago and replaced them then and the vehicle seems okay when braking.. just seems that if I had to brake real hard that it won't stop as I think it should.
Could it be a brake booster? Maybe damage when the lines broke and lost lots of fluid that prompted the Brake light to come on from the dash?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Bleed all wheels starting with the right rear then left r. ,right front left.

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd replace all the fluid with new fluid if it hasn't been done in a while, while you are at it...

Latest posts