Wheels for 2003 liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noel Matos

Reaction score
Hi I am new to forum. I installed new coil springs 2 inch from jack it. I also installed new struts with 2 inch leveling spacers.

trying to figure out the best value for black rims and tires with an aggressive look. Don’t plan on off roading.

15 x8 seems popular but I do not want to re gear ******. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi I am new to forum. I installed new coil springs 2 inch from jack it. I also installed new struts with 2 inch leveling spacers.

trying to figure out the best value for black rims and tires with an aggressive look. Don’t plan on off roading.

15 x8 seems popular but I do not want to re gear ******. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry, Re-gear your transmission?

I think you mean Re-gear your front and rear differential.

As for Wheel/Lift info, you wanna talk to @tommudd . He's the expert on that here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

So you used a spacer style lift, which is a cheap way to go but not good
First thing before anyone can answer your question is how tall you are now
Measure the left front on level ground from middle of wheel ( hub area) to bottom of the flare and report back
You do not want to go 15X8 for sure since very few 15 inch fit over the calipers
you will want a 16 inch wheel in most cases
and depending on what height you are now we can help determine what size tire to go with

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You also posted in the KK section and you have a KJ, but we will change that to the KJ side here after we talk a bit

Noel Matos

Reaction score
You also posted in the KK section and you have a KJ, but we will change that to the KJ side here after we talk a bit
Thanks,

from center hub to bottom lip of fender I have 20.5 inches all the way around. When I purchased the vehicle it had I believe 18 inch rims with spacers apparently form a ford taurus sho. the lug nuts barely go on don't see how anyone drove like this safely.lol

Noel Matos

Reaction score
I have read on internet sites that they have 15 x 8 rims 5 on 4.5 with 4.0 backspacing that clear calipers on jeep. What I am not sure about is how this affects the ride since the hem specs are 16 x 7. 15 x 8 seem the most economical solution but I am concerned that it may cause other problems?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks,

from center hub to bottom lip of fender I have 20.5 inches all the way around. When I purchased the vehicle it had I believe 18 inch rims with spacers apparently form a ford taurus sho. the lug nuts barely go on don't see how anyone drove like this safely.lol
You only have a little over an inch over new stock height even with your lift, so not much extra room for wider tires and wheels

Reaction score
I have read on internet sites that they have 15 x 8 rims 5 on 4.5 with 4.0 backspacing that clear calipers on jeep. What I am not sure about is how this affects the ride since the hem specs are 16 x 7. 15 x 8 seem the most economical solution but I am concerned that it may cause other problems?

If you wanted to fit 30's-31's on 16"s I believe you'd need an OME lift. Other than that what you have now wont work to go much larger.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Internet,........
15x8 inch wheels with 4 inch backspacing is not even good for a 2.5-3 inch lift
It may work on a more lifted Jeep or wrangler but not on a KJ
Even with a full spring lift at 2.5 inches with a 8 inch wide wheel and 4 inches of backspacing you would end up with a lot of rub when turning and driving daily
When we lift a 8 inch with 5 inches of backspacing or a 7 inch wide with 4 inches of backspacing works well
BUT in your case with not much lift at all I would not suggest either of them
You will need to stick with a 7 inch wide, 5 inch backspaced wheel and then only a 29-possibly a 30 inch tall tire
The wheelwells on these KJs are small to begin with
If you had more lift it would be a bit different but not with what you have now
There are many " Internet Experts " out there but few who actually know what they are talking about when you get into wheel widths, backspacing etc

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.