Wheel specs: 16x7, 4.6" BS. Will they fit well?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brendon Holt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been going back and forth between black and silver wheels for the KJ. Silver is a bit too factory looking/don't wanna deal with the 8" wide and having to run 265s on the Moabs. Black just doesn't look great to me on the flame red KJs, even though they look great on EVERY OTHER COLOR, lol. Enter bronze wheels, which I think look interesting on a red vehicle.

These from Black Rhino are a 16x7 with 4.6" backspacing. I know on a 7" wheel 4" of backspace is the magic number but would 4.6" still work? For those of you that are curious what wheels I'm talking about they're these. Need to go out and snap a pic of the KJ and do some Photoshop work to see how they might look.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they should , stock is 5 inches of backspacing
Moabs are 5 inches of backspacing as well, so 4.6 would be out just a bit more than stock
good color wheels , like them

Brendon Holt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, now to talk myself into spending 1/5 the cost of the whole Jeep on a set of wheels. In other news apparently Black Rhino's website allows you to view the wheels on the KJ so it would look something like this. Wrong bumper since mine is an '02 but close enough. I honestly really like the bronze wheel look the more I look at it. With a lift and wrapped in 245/75/16s could be pretty awesome. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, I know.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the bronze wheels, looks good!
Dang that would go perfect for my Khacki KJ. Too bad I'm too cheap to buy new ones.
How much are they each?

Brendon Holt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the bronze wheels, looks good!
Dang that would go perfect for my Khacki KJ. Too bad I'm too cheap to buy new ones.
How much are they each?

Oh yeah it's almost the same color as yours! Uhhh the price is the hard part to swallow. They're $190 a piece... *crying* And of course I'd need five because who wants a non-matching spare? $80 a wheel for some black steel wheels looks pretty good in comparison but the bronze would look so good and I've never seen anyone do it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch..$190 each that is expensive, but if it looks as good as I think it would, may be worth it!
Then again it's back to black if you want to save some $, tough choice..hmmm..

Brendon Holt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's steep for sure. They come in this light black/gray color as well which doesn't look too bad. I've seen a few red KJs where black steel wheels look alright but it'***** or miss for me. The black/gray ones look like this, which isn't bad to visualize dark wheels on the bright red. I think I also just really like the style of the wheels themselves. The chunky 6 spoke is nice.

You must be registered for see images

Brendon Holt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheel hunt continues. Did find these two in 16x7 4" BS