Wheel spacers - pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boltsnapper

Reaction score
First off, I probably am posting this in the wrong sub forum, but wasn't sure this is a purely "wheel" discussion.

The '10 KK I bought has really cheap (but new) tires, but they look too narrow. I was contemplating 1" spacers just to widen out the stance a little. I've also read that this improves the ride?

Is there a downside to this thin of a spacer? Does it accelerate hub bearing failure? Cause any other steering or suspension problems? I don't off-road or anything, and not looking for a lift - just a low cost way to move the tires out a smidge.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
In many states wheel spacers are not legal. They were only designed for off road use only.
You would be better off to find a set rims, with the correct back spacing.
What brand & size of tires are you running?
Jeep's always look better with A/T tires & provide more traction on & off road, compared to all season radials. (all slip radials) :(

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also spacing the wheel/tire combo out any at all with a proper lift can cause issues with rubbing in the wheelwells

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
First off, I probably am posting this in the wrong sub forum, but wasn't sure this is a purely "wheel" discussion.

The '10 KK I bought has really cheap (but new) tires, but they look too narrow. I was contemplating 1" spacers just to widen out the stance a little. I've also read that this improves the ride?

Is there a downside to this thin of a spacer? Does it accelerate hub bearing failure? Cause any other steering or suspension problems? I don't off-road or anything, and not looking for a lift - just a low cost way to move the tires out a smidge.
Also hard to keep tight, less moving parts the better, the right wheels work better

Latest posts

Members online