Wheel Spacer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, why when people buy spacers, spidertrax in specific, everyone goes with the 1.25" and not the 1.5"?

Im looking at getting some in the 1.5" size, but thought id ask about it first. Ive read alot about creating more rubbing problems using them, but i think i will be fine ive got lots of room to work with .

If any1 has a pic of the 1.5 vs 1.25 installed please post them. Does the 1/2" really make a difference?

Sent from my XT885 using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.25 pushes the wheels so they are flush with the fenders. It's the general census that the KJ looks better than having them actually stick out like a set of donks.

Of course I did see a kid on another Liberty forum running a set of 33" tires with no lift on wheels with a 4" backspace plus a 1.5 spacer added to that... Looked god awful and the kid is a moron but to each their own.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 1.5" on mine, and my 265's only rub in the front in a tight (parking lot space) type of turn. And no, the tires don't stick out past the fenders.
I spose the 1.25" spacers may rub slightly less, but it doesn't bother me nor does it do any harm, except for polishing the paint off the inside that you can't see unless you look for it.
Btw, the difference between 1.5" and 1.25" is 1/4" not 1/2", or do they do math differently up dare in the great white north? ;)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
it's a metric thing ... :happy175:

Personally 1.25" is all I needed to clear the sway bar ... that's my excuse ;) that and I was going up 2.5" so I thought I would go out 2.5" to maintain the centre of gravity. Of course my 2.5" of lift was actually 3.5" so that didn't really work as planned.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally 1.25" is all I needed to clear the sway bar ... that's my excuse ;) that and I was going up 2.5" so I thought I would go out 2.5" to maintain the centre of gravity. Of course my 2.5" of lift was actually 3.5" so that didn't really work as planned.

If you follow that math ratio, go too much higher and you'll need to install training wheels. lol

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see 4x.25=1 so over all is one inch, Ok now i'm all confused. LOL

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in my day we didn't fiddle around trying to be so precise. It was a "tad" or a "smidgen" or even a "skoshie-bit". We didn't measure stuff, we eye-balled it - and that was good enough to win two World Wars and put a man on the moon!

I don't know what the world is coming to... :disgust:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're a little less formal than that, using the "scoshie-poo" method of fine tuning and adjustment. Fingers and hands for measurements works, and my old reliable "German eyeball" still functions pretty damn well too!

Mike205

Reaction score
I'm a noobe and I was just pondering this and considering going to 5x5 from the stock 5x4.5 wheel lug pattern so I could use wrangler wheels and tires. Of course that would put me in a pickle if I had a couple blow outs on the trail, not to mention fitting my spare, anyway, anyone running 5x5 spacers?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a noobe and I was just pondering this and considering going to 5x5 from the stock 5x4.5 wheel lug pattern so I could use wrangler wheels and tires. Of course that would put me in a pickle if I had a couple blow outs on the trail, not to mention fitting my spare, anyway, anyone running 5x5 spacers?

Have never figured out why anyone would want to go that route since ther are so many wheels that will fit a KJ . Plus dealing with spacers is something that I never want to deal with

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So i installed the 1.5" spacers last night and sure enough i have contact on the pinch weld. I attempted to squash that down a while ago, but when i hit it with my hammer i saw it split up the frame, so i stopped and covered it back up. What should i do?

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So i installed the 1.5" spacers last night and sure enough i have contact on the pinch weld. I attempted to squash that down a while ago, but when i hit it with my hammer i saw it split up the frame, so i stopped and covered it back up. What should i do?

Can you post a pic? As long as the welds didnt separate it'll be alright. You want to bend it over and mash it down not beat it straight back in.

Latest posts

Members online