What year fit what year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadhorse

Reaction score
I need to get a new rear axle assembly, I know I need 3.73 gear ratio, 8.25 ring gear diameter and it has to have locking limited slip differential but what years of Liberty can I get one from, is it just 06-07?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to get a new rear axle assembly, I know I need 3.73 gear ratio, 8.25 ring gear diameter and it has to have locking limited slip differential but what years of Liberty can I get one from, is it just 06-07?

IF you have an 06 or 07 then yes well easiest without a lot of extra work

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To save yourself grief i would follow toms direction.

the 06 07 don't have a tone ring on the carrier and rumors are the axles are also different. Plus you have wheel speed sensors to also contend with. So I don't think you can put the 06 07 axle the other direction either.

To the best of my knowledge I don't believe any of the 06 07 had the LSD due to ESP system. The trac loc wasn't great so your not missing much if the diff has no LSD if it makes your search sucessful.

Can always buy a tru trac if your serious about wanting one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online