What type of car wash do you use?

What type of carwash do you use??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I use a touch free carwash only if it's in the middle of hurricane.:D Otherwise, I hand wash once a week.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, mine has never been to an automatic car wash........ever. I always do it in the driveway myself. Except for winter when it just gets road salt and mud sprayed off at the do it yourself place in town.

Dave

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I occasionally use the touch-free wash at the gas station, the high pressure kind. Sounds like it's ripping the sheet metal off the Jeep, but it gets it clean when I don't have time to do the hand wash/detail.

I prefer hand washing her, but once I get started I could end up spending the whole afternoon detailing the thing. I don't usually have time for that, so the next best thing is the touch free. I would never use the spinning-weedwacker filament kind of wash. Those type of swirl marks are impossible to remove :D.

Paul

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I voted hand wash as that is preferred but in the winter snowy months I run through a good local Care-Free Car Wash that would be classified as touch but is pretty good, never had any problems there.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now I use the touch-free b/c I don't have anywhere to hand wash. I will however hand wash it at a friend's house on my next 3 day weekend so that I can give my Jeep the full exterior treatment.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was $3.99 from 7pm to 7am before, now it is back up to $5.99.
I generally use regular plus undercarriage and sealant with vacuum for $13. With tips $15.
Unless it gets really dirty, I just do regular wash at $6. They are all touch and twirling flaps, hence the hairline scratches all over.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car gets a touchless automatic wash every time it rains.

other than that, its the car wash with the least mud in the do-it-yourself stalls..

I know a few car washes that have the simple soap and water wash that only cost 75 cents for 4 minutes.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spend $8 a week at my local touch-free car wash. It's a very high end system and does a great job. Around here, your car gets covered in road salt, dirt, slush and ice most of the year...you pretty much have to use a car wash. May, June, July and August I try to do it myself in the driveway.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this 'washing' you speak of? Aren't Jeeps supposed to look like they just came off the trail :confused:

Actually I go to the local do-it-yerself place and run about $6-7 thru the box - wash it off, rinse it off and run it thru the air dryer, then vacuum out the crap inside and wipe down the dash with a damp cloth. Do that once every couple of months and life is good :D

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I handwash with two buckets, Duragloss #901 and a sheepskin mitt. Doesn't get any better. I love the smell of Duragloss.

morningbrew3

Reaction score
How do I remove the antenna to go through the wash..? My dad's truck came with a little tool to take the antenna off to go through the wash but my jeep doesn't have one?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I remove the antenna to go through the wash..? My dad's truck came with a little tool to take the antenna off to go through the wash but my jeep doesn't have one?

It should just unscrew. If it is stubborn then someone probably really cranked it on there to tighten it.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the KJ it's a 7/16" box wrench, I think...I used to keep one in the glove compartment for this purpose.
On the KK it's just thumb and forefinger to unscrew :p.

Paul

Latest posts

Members online