What to get? Buying a new jeep.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok can someone explain the standard option differences between:

The "X" Series Wranglers?

The Sahara Edition?

I am wanting to buy a JK, but I am looking for as many 'off-road' factory options like tow hooks, and fog lights as possible. Need to know what package is going to be the best to build a REAL 4x4 out of.

:confused::confused:

I know a lot of you are going to say that a JK isn't a good start, so suggest away. I want a 4x4 that is going to be easy to put 33" tires on, and take out to the trails. cheap lift is a + (JK)

I should add that I'm looking to take this sweet machine home for less than $15,000. =)

(if your going to suggest a FJ save the server storage space..(blarg))

Sample of my local car market for Jeeps

Last edited:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing that you are looking at used cars. i think you will be most happy in a wrangler unless you need something more family fun then get a cherokee.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok can someone explain the standard option differences between:

The "X" Series Wranglers?

The Sahara Edition?

I am wanting to buy a JK, but I am looking for as many 'off-road' factory options like tow hooks, and fog lights as possible. Need to know what package is going to be the best to build a REAL 4x4 out of.

:confused::confused:

I know a lot of you are going to say that a JK isn't a good start, so suggest away. I want a 4x4 that is going to be easy to put 33" tires on, and take out to the trails. cheap lift is a + (JK)

I should add that I'm looking to take this sweet machine home for less than $15,000. =)

(if your going to suggest a FJ save the server storage space..(blarg))

Sample of my local car market for Jeeps

Suggest you go to any jeep dealer and get the sales brochure and it will lay out all the options etc for each model JK. That will give you a base for options. Sometimes this is better than researching on the jeep.com website but you can do both. If you are looking for the most capable out of the box jeep you need to look at the Rubicon model only. Also try the cars.com website under whatever model and year you are looking for as it gives average prices and specs and available options for each model. That might help you out. Look at Rubi TJ's also if you are limited in the $15,000 or less price range. New FJ's are junk. I got the spec book. The last good one was the FJ40.

Just my opinion.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If your on a tight budget...get an X with the options....

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing that you are looking at used cars. i think you will be most happy in a wrangler unless you need something more family fun then get a cherokee.

:cool:

Used cars rule, let someone else take the staggering dealership resell drop.(-15% when it rolls off the lot) I like cars that are 2-3 years old. <50kmiles. I'll find my Jeep, Its just going to be a matter of throwing $6k at a guy asking $8500 for his already decked out wrangler I think. Around Oklahoma you'll see lots used Jeeps with winches and lights and everything.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X = basic Jeep that you can option just about however you want to make it your own

Sahara = Fancy Jeep with power everything and painted fenders with 18" wheels

Rubicon = the best out of the box off road vehicle..4:10 gears, lockers front/rear, sway bar disco, etc.

I have an X, and if I had it to do over again I would get a Rubicon...it's just a much better starting place in my opinion...but I agree with the above, a nice used TJ Rubicon is not a bad idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

ranger81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X = basic Jeep that you can option just about however you want to make it your own

Sahara = Fancy Jeep with power everything and painted fenders with 18" wheels

Rubicon = the best out of the box off road vehicle..4:10 gears, lockers front/rear, sway bar disco, etc.

I have an X, and if I had it to do over again I would get a Rubicon...it's just a much better starting place in my opinion...but I agree with the above, a nice used TJ Rubicon is not a bad idea.

You must be registered for see images attach
Cool pic......nana.gif