What pads for PC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got a Porter Cable 7424 XP and I plan on doing a detail on the LR before vacation. I'm new to all the pads and stuff...what do I need to get rid of the swirls? They aren't major, on a scale of 1-10 with one being new and 10 being horrible, I'd say about a 4. Noticeable in the right light but not 95% of the time. I am thinking of using Meguire's Swirl X (or would the Ultimate Compound be better, I have both) then Surf City Garage Beyond Clay then sealants of course.

Thanks!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
without seeing the actual defects its kinda hard to make a call, i have no experience with LR paint so i don't know how soft or hard the paint is, i would say start with an orange or green pad, then switch to a white finishing pad. for compound i would say m105 and m205 for polish, (if the paint is hard go with optimum compound II and Polish II) is this the first buffer you've ever bought? or have you been using a rotary?