What is This?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NaturalPath

Reaction score
Hello All, new member here. I just purchased a 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade with only 81,000kms and it looks, and drives, like new. I couldn't believe my luck. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out all the features of this vehicle, but there is something that I can't figure out. There is this little black box, with two horizontal antennas sticking out the sides behind the rear view mirror. I thought at first that this might be bluetooth, but I don't think that it is. I'm sure that someone here knows what this is though, so please tell me. :)

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

NaturalPath

Reaction score
Thanks very much turblediesel, a squirrel communication device was first on my list of possibilities, but let's see what others have to say. :)

clw426

Reaction score
Remote start antenna? Both mine and my wife's Liberty have that , and we both have remote start so I assumed that what that was.

NaturalPath

Reaction score
Congratulations clw426 and Elliott, it is indeed a remote start antenna. I've never had remote start before, so that never entered my mind. I'm just getting used to this vehicle, and I'm guessing that I'll have more questions eventually. My next intention is to get some better tires on it.

Latest posts

Members online