What is this plastic thing on the front shock bolt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armstrong001

Reaction score
And how do I get it off?

2003 liberty 2.4l 4wd. Trying to get these front shocks and springs replaced. I have all the nuts loosened but this one. I dont want to damage this but cant seem to get it off.

You must be registered for see images attach

It had a rubber hose attached but I cant tell where it goes.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Breather for the front diff
Just pulls up off, and connect the hose back up so you do not forget it
Are you lifting it ?

Armstrong001

Reaction score
No, the springs were sagging so I needed to replace them. This is my wife's jeep, will probably never go more off road than some easy trails or gravel forest service roads.

I was worried about breaking it. I put a little more pressure on it and it popped off. Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No, the springs were sagging so I needed to replace them. This is my wife's jeep, will probably never go more off road than some easy trails or gravel forest service roads.

I was worried about breaking it. I put a little more pressure on it and it popped off. Thanks.

springs and shocks both all around I hope, no use just replacing springs, use either Bilstein or OME front shocks, rest are pretty much junk

Rear about the same

Latest posts

Members online