What is this hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
I HAVE AN 03 WITH THE 3.7 AND ITS BEEN RUNNIG LIKE CRAP, MOSTLY AN IDOL ISSUE. ANYWAY WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE HOSE IN THE PIC THAT IS KINKED? THAT CANT BE A GOOD THING AND THINKING IT MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY CRAZY IDLE ISSUE? its the hose that comes from the back of the motor up around passenger side and looks like it goes into the throttle body and has about a 3 inch plastic tube spliced into it.
THANK YOU!!!!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes posting all in capitals is considered shouting & will be frowned upon in forums.

As mentioned, a photo would be helpful , but it does sound like one of the crankcase or pcv lines.

Cgrigson1

Reaction score
Thanks and sorry! It keeps saying file to big. there is a plastic section in it not far from the box with the motor ID on top of it. center of the top of the motor and it kinks right where it heads back to the back of the motor not from there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First who is your idol ?

oh wait reread its your idle you're talking about
had me confused for a minute
and YES send picture

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
For photos I upload them to free IMGUR. Once they are uploaded there..open your photo, look off to the right...
Use the BBCode (message boards & forums)
& copy and paste directly that code into our forum, and you should have the photo. ( re-size them to 1024x768 if possible)