What are the BIGGEST tires I could fit without a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I want to get a set of BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO's, I'm currently running P235/70R16's Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread's, what is biggest size I could run without a lift and the tires not rub? :confused:

Khaki-KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/70-16. I am stock height, stock alumium rims, and I get only slight rubbing on the pinch weld at full lock to the left. Sometimes I rub on the swaybar at full lock depending on how level the ground is. I would go back to this size tire if I were going to stay at stock height.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'd like to mention that when people say with/without rub, it depends on the tire you select. I ran 245/70R16 Toyo Open Country A/Ts on a Lowered Lib with no rubbing.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to mention that when people say with/without rub, it depends on the tire you select. I ran 245/70R16 Toyo Open Country A/Ts on a Lowered Lib with no rubbing.

Exactly - and I run 245/70 General Grabber AT2's on a mildly lifted KJ and I get a little rub on the sway bar at full lock.

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently running 245/70/16 Destination A/T's on MOAB rims that are an inch wider (16x8 as opposed to 16x7 stock) and stick out 1/2" more (5" BS as opposed to 5.5" stock) more than the stock rims.

On a stock suspension with the pinch weld pounded front fog door portion of the fender pushed forward, I am still getting some rubbing just before full lock.

-Ryan

EDIT: TJKJ beat me to the Lowered and Pre-lowered :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently running 245/70/16 Destination A/T's on MOAB rims that are an inch wider (16x8 as opposed to 16x7 stock) and stick out 1/2" more (5" BS as opposed to 5.5" stock) more than the stock rims.

On a stock suspension with the pinch weld pounded front fog door portion of the fender pushed forward, I am still getting some rubbing just before full lock.

-Ryan

EDIT: TJKJ beat me to the Lowered and Pre-lowered :)

And, it looks great judging by the pic in your sig. I'd love to throw some MOAB's on mine, but can't justify the cost.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, it looks great judging by the pic in your sig. I'd love to throw some MOAB's on mine, but can't justify the cost.
Why not?

You can get a set of MOAB's for dirt cheap here in CO,I've seen many sets of 5 for anywhere from $200-$500,some with pretty good tires mounted on them.Way cheaper then buying other rims besides black steel rims.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not?

You can get a set of MOAB's for dirt cheap here in CO,I've seen many sets of 5 for anywhere from $200-$500,some with pretty good tires mounted on them.Way cheaper then buying other rims besides black steel rims.

I was watching intently for a while, but didn't see anything less than $500 or so in this area. I know menbers speak of awesome deals, I have not been so lucky. :(

It's one of those things I'd love to do, but me OE rims work just fine as well. Maybe I'll run across a set someday and pick them up - the KJ is an '07, so I have plenty of time left with it ;)