What’s the consensus on the “extended travel cv axels”?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wasn’t familiar with (or forgot about) the extended travel cv axels until I saw the thread on Falsebook. Started reading up on them and as seems to be the norm, lots of opinions both ways but not a lot of actual results. To my mind the idea seems sound but likely depends on application. I suspect I’m using the wrong search terms here. On my 07 the angle kind of makes me cringe when I have it jacked up and the wheel off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Having ran 4.5 inches of lift over 100,000 miles and numerous off road trips on stock CVs I see no need for them at 2.5 inches etc
PLUS if they are still as high priced as they were , then you need deep pockets , plus even them did not last as long
But you know if you want to, you can take a stock CV and do a lot of grinding to serve the same purpose
But of course will be weaker
I saw on fakebook the discussion and did not even read it since most is bogus I am sure
I agree with Mike though ( jeepinjarhead)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Having ran 4.5 inches of lift over 100,000 miles and numerous off road trips on stock CVs I see no need for them at 2.5 inches etc
PLUS if they are still as high priced as they were , then you need deep pockets , plus even them did not last as long
But you know if you want to, you can take a stock CV and do a lot of grinding to serve the same purpose
But of course will be weaker
I saw on fakebook the discussion and did not even read it since most is bogus I am sure
I agree with Mike though ( jeepinjarhead)
Thank you all I needed to know. Still learning, still a newbie me.
I figured since I remembered nothing about them from here was not an issue.