Weight of 3.7 motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbodave

Reaction score
I'm selling a 3.7, but almost everyone enquiring wants me to ship it...

I don't have scales big enough, and am terrible approximating weights,,, Anyone know / hazard a guess at what a fully dressed (airbox to headers) 3.7 would weigh?

Any reccomendations for shipping companies? I know of UPS / FEDEX, but no others....

Cheers,
Dave

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you for sure that you'll have to crate it, and regular UPS will not be able to ship anything like that. It'll be way too heavy and too big. I'm sure regular FedEx won't either.

Both companies have a freight service, but I'm willing to bet that it would be cheaper to go with a freight company like Yellow Freight or something like that. Not sure about prices, but I know UPS bought Overnight Freight and they should be fairly competitive.

Couldn't even venture a guess as to the weight of the engine, but if I had to guess, I would say between 350 and 400 lbs...assuming your only talking about the engine itself and not the ****** too.

Paul

Latest posts

Members online