Wax On Plastic Door Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do I use to get a wax smudge off the plastic door handle?? Yea, I should have been more careful.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, crunchy or regular - Skippy or Smuckers.........

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, after I eat the peanut butter, then what? Can I have jelly with that?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Dave said:
Eat the peanut butter? Yum... stop, ur making me hungry now.

But seriously, use peanut butter. Put some on a plastic plate or something. Maybe an old toothbrush if necessary. Should clean everything right up. Lucky you... you only have to clean doorhandles. I had to do doorhandles, bumpers, flares, etc etc etc etc..... PITA.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Dave said:

But seriously, use peanut butter. Put some on a plastic plate or something. Maybe an old toothbrush if necessary. Should clean everything right up. Lucky you... you only have to clean doorhandles. I had to do doorhandles, bumpers, flares, etc etc etc etc..... PITA.

Are you really serious???

KJ808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you take off the wax, what do you use to keep it black? I've used back to black, but it runs down the door after it rains. I hope I don't have to use jelly for that. [-(

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Dave said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Dave said:

Are you really serious???
YES!!! \:D/ I used this trick on my '04 KJ... I'm as serious as a heart attack! Put it on... let it sit there, then use the toothbrush to scrub it a little bit. Clean off... wax = gone.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally use meguiars super degreaser sprayed on there and then scrubbed a little.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD-40

A light spray on a clean cloth and wipe the area. Wax is gone and it leaves a nice low gloss shine. I usually wipe all the handles after a wax job. after wiping, wipe again with a dry cloth incase you got too much wd on it....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
YES!!! \:D/ I used this trick on my '04 KJ... I'm as serious as a heart attack! Put it on... let it sit there, then use the toothbrush to scrub it a little bit. Clean off... wax = gone.

how about spit? I hear spit cleans stuff off just as good.. :-s

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Marlon_JBT said:

how about spit? I hear spit cleans stuff off just as good.. :-s

OMG. If you don't believe then try it. Seriously.... I have been reading all of the good ideas throughout the Detailing thread and everyone has a different method on things. If your suprised with a method try it out. Peanut Butter has oils in it so you can get a semi shine from it to.

=D>

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Squirrels will be licking on my door handles.. ](*,) Next I know, I will be chasing one up the tree when it grabs my mirror O:) hehehehe

i will try this on my wheel wells.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got the KJ all cleaned up. I didn't have any of that detailing degreaser so the nod went to the peanut butter. IT REALLY WORKED. I can't believe it. No more smudge. I thought you guys were kidding. So I apologize for doughting you.

Thanks Marlon

Dave

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another good product for that is Honda Plastic Cleaner designed for dirtbikes and ATVs. Not kidding, that stuff is awesome.....

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back to black for anything plastic works well, just not interior

use 303 for interior plastic/vinyl

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used megs All Purpose Cleaner for the areas that get wax on them. I tape all the plastic off with blue painters tape, but the wax still finds its way to the spots I dont tape..

2003KJ

Reaction score
I used megs All Purpose Cleaner for the areas that get wax on them. I tape all the plastic off with blue painters tape, but the wax still finds its way to the spots I dont tape..

I'm surprised the blue painters tape doesn't blend in with the color of your jeep....LOL

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, peanut butter??!! Wow, I can't believe that actually works. I have a few wax smudges on my handles, and now I feel tempted to whip out the peanut butter! (partysmile)