Water leak - from passenger front door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Noticed tonight that there was a small stream of water coming in over the interior door sill on the Liberty. Been getting some moderate to heavy rains. Any ideas? It was a stream in the red circle area, perpendicular to the sill trim piece (parallel to the ridges on it). Didn't see any other drips on the a pillar or kick panel. Nothing on the headliner or Huskyliner floor mat. I do have a sunroof.
Any ideas? Hoping it's a simple fix!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Bill chase

Reaction score
My 06 renegade has recently started doing this to, door seals are somewhat worn. But curious as to any in depth diy approach to this.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So you think it's the door seals?
I'm thinking maybe some Sil Glyde to swell the seal maybe. If not I'm sure there's universal weather stripping or something.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the exact path

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to go through my leak with a fine tooth comb.
Mine was leaking also in from bottom of passenger door, same spot.
I would use garden hose test, and pull the side cover as in pic & see if it is wet at side cover as well...

In my situation it was not the door seals. I had to seal up screws on top door trim, pull lower windshield cowl, seal up seams etc.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just had that side cover pulled off today and the trim on the bottom of the a pillar, it was completely dry. I had a my CB cable running through the weather stripping and behind that trim panel so I pulled that off...that might have been distorting the weather stripping.