Washer pump info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ_OHIO

Reaction score
Well we banged up the front end of our 05 KJ the front washer hose snapped off the washer pump. since the rear still works and the repairs will be done under an insurance claim, I'm hoping to make a temp fix and swap the hoses. (Back wiper motor is shot anyway). From what I can tell there is one pump. it looks like it has two nozzles.

Am I correct in assuming that one goes to the front and one to the back or is there a separate pump for the rear?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just switch lines , you'll be fine
Of course to get the spray you'll have to use it like you wanted it for the rear, then turn the windshield wipers on.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck! :)

My rear washer spray goes at an odd angle and I have to throw buckets of juice on there to give the rear wiper a chance to catch enough to actually spread it around. Is that normal, or do I need to look at something?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we banged up the front end of our 05 KJ the front washer hose snapped off the washer pump. since the rear still works and the repairs will be done under an insurance claim, I'm hoping to make a temp fix and swap the hoses. (Back wiper motor is shot anyway). From what I can tell there is one pump. it looks like it has two nozzles.

Am I correct in assuming that one goes to the front and one to the back or is there a separate pump for the rear?

The pump motor drives in one direction to spray the front and reverses direction to spray the rear. Some valves direct the water to front or rear then.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck! :)

My rear washer spray goes at an odd angle and I have to throw buckets of juice on there to give the rear wiper a chance to catch enough to actually spread it around. Is that normal, or do I need to look at something?

You adjust the spray jet the same way you adjust the front ones.

The jet nozzle swivels around...you need to push the tip of a pin into the hole and gently move the jet around to aim in the correct direction. A pin is normally flexable enough to bend rather than break....do not use a sewing needle as these tend to be brittle and the tip can break off inside the jet nozzle...ask me how I know this:icon_wink:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
When the temperature gets out of single digits (F, not C!) I will give that a shot. It pumps plenty of washer fluid, it's just that 90% goes down the far right side of the rear hatch.

Thanks! :hail: