Warn Wireless Winch controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, found a simple solution to short control leads. Warn makes a wireless winch controller. It's totally plug and play and super easy to use. Can control power-in and power-out features of winch from nearly the end of the winch cable, (approx 50ft). Unit/reciever is mounted underhood, I used the side of the airbox, and the remote goes in your pocket. The remote is a little big to go on the key chain. The reciever plugs into the winch like the wired lead would. I'm not real proficient with it yet so I'm not going to rate it out of ten but I'm sure that it'll be a 8+. If strictly for the convienience factor. I paid $150 CDN for it.

Check the link

http://www.warn.com/truck/accessories/wireless_control.shtml

Flyingwen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, Warn makes a great product and with the wireless remote, it is easy.

A+ product

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBJ, I went to the Warn web page. The wireless winch controler is good for use with all "5 wire" connector winches. Which i will assume that the XD9000i is one of because it's in the same "Premium Series" family as my M8000.

There was a whole pile of F*** All in the owners/installation booklet about compatability. The booklet is like 80 pages and only 11 are in english. Go figure. That's all for meow.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Turns out ThunderbirdJunkie could've just counted.

It's a plug with 5 wires, so he will assume he can use this sucker:p