Viper 5701 defrost in Jeep Liberty 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrathwielder

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have a Viper 5701 installed in my 2011 Jeep liberty, but the "remote start defrost" function was never hooked up (or is possibly unsupported with my setup?)

I was wondering if anyone knows how I could go about hooking this feature up so the truck's defrost will kick in when I remote start it (and it's below whatever the cutoff temp is)?

The option is enabled on the Viper (I purchased a BitWriter so I could program the alarm without using the all-too-exciting "push the valet button and count the beeps" method) and I'm fairly familiar with the 5701 as I've reprogrammed it several times after I upgraded it with the antenna from a 5901 to increase the range)
Just not sure exactly what to hook the "defroster" wire from the Viper up to. I have a "toggle" switch in the Jeep for the defrost, but I assume I would somehow need to involve a relay of some kind that will allow me to turn the defroster on from the Viper and still allow it to be turned on manually with the switch.

Thanks everyone!

-Greg

P.S. Also, the temp sensor in the 5701 is way off - reads like 15-20 too high. I think I've heard that these are notoriously inaccurate but I just thought I'd check with ya'all

Latest posts

Members online