Very Crazy Evic Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say I did not know what an evic was until tonight. That being said, I'm very interested in one now I know what it is.

I've read several threads about evic's and did not find an answer to my question. so here it goes.

Can the EVIC unit be taken apart and stripped to bear minimum and the screen flipped to custom mount the unit on the dash? (obviously I would have to build a custom housing) or in the alternative could it be mounted on the dash trim panel near the steering wheel?

The reason why is that I have and 07 with the sun roof and I already mounted my CB on the roof and I do not want to move it. (see the pics in my album). I would like to have access to the features of the evic. Don't need the garage opener crap though.

Please Advise.

wolverine1020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say kinda sorta but not really, and not sure if it will fit where you want.

I think the bare minimum would be the black unit seen here in my pic, fastened by the four nickel screws.

But I also do not know if the led screen can be flipped.

Maybe down in the space next to the cig lighter may work?
http://my.picresize.com/G0Q3DB6Q0L

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i was contemplating the same idea.. but it was going to invlove soldering beyond my ability to remove the display and the buttons, and put them on longer leads.. fabricating an enclosure should be easy enough.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scratching the EVIC Idea.

I'm scratching the idea of a custom mounted evic. Think I'm just going to buck up and purchase either the Scan Gauge II or Autel **** Trip.

Anyone have pictures of either one mounted in your Liberty?

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is the Scangauge II which is good (I have one and like it) and I found this Ultra Gauge that is cheaper but don't know how good it is.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

Dave

Thanks Dave. That's pretty cool but looks bigger than the scanII or the **** trip. I'll have to review all the specs before I make my final decision on which one.

Do you keep your scanII hooked up all the time and if so where did you mount it?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. That's pretty cool but looks bigger than the scanII or the **** trip. I'll have to review all the specs before I make my final decision on which one.

Do you keep your scanII hooked up all the time and if so where did you mount it?

I plugged it in and put it on the dash "temporarily" until I could find a better place to mount it but it just stayed there.....haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I plugged it in and put it on the dash "temporarily" until I could find a better place to mount it but it just stayed there.....haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

OCALA!!!!! :badger_1:

Latest posts

Members online