Vent Tube Front Dif leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would there be what appears to be a leak coming from the vent tube from the front diff? I just took out the trash and saw a small leak on the pavement. I crawled on under and the tube was all wet. I looked above and it appeared pretty dry. I only say pretty dry because of when my power steering foamed up, there is still a bit of residue from that.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife says it is due to the lift lol. She said all the issues are from the lift. Would a clogged breather cause that too?

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have never replaced the vent hoses before it might be a good idea. They will dry rot out over time. Also since you applied a lift it might not be a bad idea to make the hoses a bit longer than stock to allow for more flex.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get the replacement caps at autozone/checker or do you just clean them and put back onto new hose?

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK that thing was a PITA to swap out, lol. Took about 2 hours, 4 scraped knuckles and a broken oil filter drip tray but it is back on, lol. I thought it was going to be easy, lol.