Vendor review: Energysuspensionparts.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I dont think this company is actually affiliated with Energy Suspension, they are just another vendor.

Cliffs notes version:Slow shipping,inaccurate status of my order shown online, refusal to provide tracking number even after telling me that they would, refusal to accept return of parts that dont serve the advertised purpose

Long version:Working on some custom rear control arms (for my car, not the jeep), so ordered the ES bushing kit which is advertised as being for my rear CA's.
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4.3154

I ordered the red bushings which they did not have in stock, so would take a few days longer than the black ones. No big deal.
The problem began about a week after I placed the order, when the status online said shipped:
This is pretty much the only internet business I know of that doesnt just automatically provide a tracking number for you. Thats annoying but whatever. about three days later, I hadnt seen anything yet, so I get on chat with someone at the company, who says they will "put me in for a tracking number, and I should see something by the end of the day". Okay, whatever that means...Another four days later, no tracking info, no parts. An obviously irritated email later, I get a reply that the parts shipped and should arrive the next day. Sure enough, once they got into fedex's hands, they arrived as scheduled, but going back and checking the fedex sight after I finally got the tracking number, they had not shipped until a couple days after my chat conversation.
Turns out these bushings are definitely not for the control arms...They might go to something on the car, but certainly not the rear control arms.
So I Email the company again, very politely explained that the parts do not serve the advertised purpose, and could they please provide return information?
They reply back to me that since it was a special order (red instead of black) they do not accept returns. I replied one more time hoping to appeal to their desire to avoid bad reviews on multiple automotive forums, and got the same answer again.

This was the worst customer service I have had from any parts supplier, and I have used a lot of them. I always search for the best prices on everything and buy from whoever that is. These guys had the best price on these kits but I'm sure if I had gone through Summit or Jegs they would have been happy to accept the return.

Last edited: