Valve seat and head gasket replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lynn

Reaction score
I bought a 2006 Jeep Liberty as a project recently. It had two dropped valve seats and a blown head gasket. I’ve replaced all the valves and had the heads tested. I did compression tests on every cylinder and they were fine. The Jeep starts right up and idles well but the passenger side exhaust is blowing white smoke. There are no DTCs. I’ve flushed the oil out once so far as there was a lot of water in the engine when I got it. The Jeep sat for two years and had rat nests in the exhaust when I started. Sorry for the long thread. Any ideas on whether I should pull it back apart on the smoking side? I’m afraid to let it run and ruin my work.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would only run it for a short time and change the oil again.
Then tun it for 15 minutes and monitor the oil on dipstick for bubbles and milky coloarations.
Also look at the exhaust for further white smoke.
Hopefully the second oil change helps out and inspect the pcv valve , should be clean and rattle with no milky substances.
Best of luck..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.