used wrong oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steven

Reaction score
I accidentally used 5w30 instead of 5w20 in my 07 liberty and I added zmax engine oil treatment will this hurt my engine from using wrong oil

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Not sure about the zmax. But 5w30 is actually fine for those engines. They recomend 5w20 just for gas mileage.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I accidentally used 5w30 instead of 5w20 in my 07 liberty and I added zmax engine oil treatment will this hurt my engine from using wrong oil

Actually 5w30 is the recommended oil in my 05 owners manual.

As to the z-max I don't know. I don't use and additional additives as I don't think they are necessary. You should just use any quality brand name oil.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Not sure about the zmax. But 5w30 is actually fine for those engines. They recomend 5w20 just for gas mileage.

Actually 5w30 is the recommended oil in my 05 owners manual.

As to the z-max I don't know. I don't use and additional additives as I don't think they are necessary. You should just use any quality brand name oil.

Dave

Believe '07s switched to the same specs that the Grand Cherokee engines are. Those 3.7Ls call for 5w-20.