Upper injector cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybird91

Reaction score
Hello everyone, has anyone ever tried using A/C Delco upper cylinder and fuel injector cleaner in there jeep to clean injectors/ valves. Ive used one time in my e46 . I read it can be done once in a while . I put about an ounce or 2 in every spark plugs cylinder (Squirt it in the hole) let it soak overnight . Put everything back start up and thats it. Clean valves . Just Want to know if anybody else had use this for various reasons.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a carbon issue? Is any of this really needed? I like Tom's statement, floor it to the rev limiter once or twice a day and you wont have carbon! ;)
Before adding any chemical treatment directly on top of the piston to be left in overnight, I'd recommend a borescope to have a look inside there first.
The last thing that you would not to want to have happen is: Having chunks of carbon break off causing potentially more issues.
Also if you were to try this as above ^ I'd definitely crank it over a few times with plugs out, then install plugs back in, before firing it up !
(While you are there might as well do a dry compression test on all 6 to see how your engine is really doing)

The best solution for de-carbonizing an engine is called "injector service" The dealer has the correct 3M chemicals to be injected and de-carbonize the jeep properly.
Other safe methods include Chevron Techron concentrate Plus fuel additive, available at wallyworld. This is a highly engineered product designed to clean injectors /valves fairly well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Add 2 bottles ^ to a full tank on a longer hwy boogie, even with some O/D off to keep revs up, try that.
Also to mention is a DIY seafoam into intake, if needed with proper careful instructions.

Jaybird91

Reaction score
Do you have a carbon issue? Is any of this really needed? I like Tom's statement, floor it to the rev limiter once or twice a day and you wont have carbon! ;)
Before adding any chemical treatment directly on top of the piston to be left in overnight, I'd recommend a borescope to have a look inside there first.
The last thing that you would not to want to have happen is: Having chunks of carbon break off causing potentially more issues.
Also if you were to try this as above ^ I'd definitely crank it over a few times with plugs out, then install plugs back in, before firing it up !
(While you are there might as well do a dry compression test on all 6 to see how your engine is really doing)

The best solution for de-carbonizing an engine is called "injector service" The dealer has the correct 3M chemicals to be injected and de-carbonize the jeep properly.
Other safe methods include Chevron Techron concentrate Plus fuel additive, available at wallyworld. This is a highly engineered product designed to clean injectors /valves fairly well.

Add 2 bottles ^ to a full tank on a longer hwy boogie, even with some O/D off to keep revs up, try that.
Also to mention is a DIY seafoam into intake, if needed with proper careful instructions.

Cool . I just thought what other tricks that could help with carbon issues before an injector service. i like the sea foam trick ill try that . My Kj seems to run good but i think the spark plug boots need to be replaced with fresh ones. I believe they are original and its at 140k . Can i go with omix or mopar?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spark Plug Boots ? Do you have a 4 cylinder gasser ?
If not the 6 bangers do not have boots, they have coil packs , and I would go Mopar before Omix