Under the seat Secured Storage solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gr8stdane

Reaction score
I decided to take a chance and ordered the Locking under the seat storage box from Quadratec for the 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler for $49.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14114_0001_07.htm

It took just a little modification but it fits great in the liberty (I have an 06 Rene with power seats). The thing is built like a tank, here's how I mounted it:

1. I used a grinder to remove the right side mounting tab altogether.
2. I removed about 1 inch from the left side mounting tab.
3. Drilled a new hole closer to the box.
4. Removed the left front seat bolt, used a couple heavy duty washers between the lockbox tab and the floor, and bolted it down.

Here's how it looks, open and closed, and from the front and back, sorry it's dark, I used a flashlight so you could see it better.

Attachments

• lock1.jpg
    lock1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 247
  • lock2.jpg
    lock2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 281
  • lock3.jpg
    lock3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 266
  • lock4.jpg
    lock4.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 255

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not a bad idea at all. No way to attach to the right side seat bolt.

So its attached only by the left front seat bolt. Wonder if welding on a tab to the back left and attaching to left rear would mount it more solidly.

How deep is the drawer?

Last edited:

gr8stdane

Reaction score
Because the angles of the box really fit the floorpan nicely, it really didn't even HAVE to be bolted down, it sits flat and snug. I wanted it bolted just as a detterent, unless some carjacker just happened to have a 15mm socket he's not getting the box or it's contents. I considered cutting some metal 'L' shaped steel brackets, which would have let it mount to both bolts, but due to the time of cutting and measuring brackets I opted for the easier way. My second thought was just to drill holes through the floor and mount it with the tabs in front of the seat, but I kind of wanted to tuck it on the inside, and I was a little nervous about drilling into the floorboards.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great idea :big_banana_Dance:

That looks way more secure than a simple glovebox. I don't know why the KJ doesn't have a lockable glovebox, does the KK have one?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome idea. I think I am going to do this.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, but too bad I put my foot there when I drive.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done!!!
It's been a while since I saw a really genuine idea! THUMBS UP!

As Speedracerbubba said, some gun owners will be very happy.

Pity I have the OEM sub mounted down there, do those drawers come for the passenger's side?

Last edited:

dgyoung

Reaction score
Six years later, and not only can you still get the safe for the same price, but THE LINK STILL WORKS! What are the odds?

Thanks for the timeless information 'dane!!

Latest posts

Members online