Under seat sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tattedpanda

Reaction score
Does anybody have a subbox mounted under any of the seats? I want to keep the trunk clear but havent found many pre-made sub boxs.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
KJ or KK?

On the KJ there is no room for a big box except in the cargo area. Might be able to squeeze a six under each front seat ( is a six inch even considered a sub?) Back seats have no room if you need to fold your seats down do to the way the depress and slide forward when folded.

I run a pair of Skar Audio EV-10MB S4 10”(sadly now discontinued). Each has its own box and rests in the rear seat footwell. It is far from ideal as when a need to fold the back seats arise, the bench squishes them against the front seats. Then again I only haul camping gear and the occasional pug or three in the back seats. The subs have QD connections so I can just pull both subs when I need the rear seating space.

Have my amp under the driver seat, but is prone to overheating there, an issue I’ll rectify one of these days.

Am considering moving the tens in their low pro boxes to an overhead rack hung from the points where the rear grab bars are located.

Only other option is to sacrifice rear cargo space.

Tattedpanda

Reaction score
I have a Kj. I knew somebody has some exp in this area. I was looking at running this JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3. Just wasn't sure if it would fit under the seats.
My family isnt one for camping but we do love beach days since I live in San Diego.

Question for you since you do camp, do you using your roof rack alot? Cause i have a few questions about the stock rails.

Tattedpanda

Reaction score
KJ or KK?

On the KJ there is no room for a big box except in the cargo area. Might be able to squeeze a six under each front seat ( is a six inch even considered a sub?) Back seats have no room if you need to fold your seats down do to the way the depress and slide forward when folded.

I run a pair of Skar Audio EV-10MB S4 10”(sadly now discontinued). Each has its own box and rests in the rear seat footwell. It is far from ideal as when a need to fold the back seats arise, the bench squishes them against the front seats. Then again I only haul camping gear and the occasional pug or three in the back seats. The subs have QD connections so I can just pull both subs when I need the rear seating space.

Have my amp under the driver seat, but is prone to overheating there, an issue I’ll rectify one of these days.

Am considering moving the tens in their low pro boxes to an overhead rack hung from the points where the rear grab bars are located.

Only other option is to sacrifice rear cargo space.
I have a Kj. I knew somebody has some exp in this area. I was looking at running this JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3. Just wasn't sure if it would fit under the seats.
My family isnt one for camping but we do love beach days since I live in San Diego.

Question for you since you do camp, do you using your roof rack alot? Cause i have a few questions about the stock rails.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
What would you recommend? I just need something big enough to cover a group of 4.
I personally highly recommend the Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp. Fits the KJ like it was designed for it. I have the version with the stowaway bug screen. It’s a bit tricky the first time you set it up so practice at home. You can get full details from my desert road-trip thread and the review I posted.

Attachments

• BBB51183-EDF5-448F-8ED7-5EF5E60E06DD.jpeg
    BBB51183-EDF5-448F-8ED7-5EF5E60E06DD.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 21

Tattedpanda

Reaction score
I personally highly recommend the Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp. Fits the KJ like it was designed for it. I have the version with the stowaway bug screen. It’s a bit tricky the first time you set it up so practice at home. You can get full details from my desert road-trip thread and the review I posted.
Wow that looks awesome!!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
The only i would put up there is a cooler maybe some chairs, nothing too heavy.
On my cheapo of Amazon bars and basket I carried the tarp, 40L of fuel, ten gallons of water and that ARB double swag…off and on road. Total weight just under the max at just about 140lbs.
Lost about 5mpg on the highway due to wind resistance….mostly because that double swag is a beast. Abnormal hail as I took a months worth of stuff for a just over two weeks trip.
The KJ is a beast!

Tattedpanda

Reaction score
On my cheapo of Amazon bars and basket I carried the tarp, 40L of fuel, ten gallons of water and that ARB double swag…off and on road. Total weight just under the max at just about 140lbs.
Lost about 5mpg on the highway due to wind resistance….mostly because that double swag is a beast. Abnormal hail as I took a months worth of stuff for a just over two weeks trip.
The KJ is a beast!
Wow that's really good to know, this helps me out so much.

BigfootHunter

Reaction score
I have the factory mopar kj under-drivers-seat sub, it’s enough for me and fits in otherwise unused space, don’t know the part number offhand, but it is a complete kit with the y-harness and everything if you get it NOS.

On the roof bars i know there were a few places that make steel factory replacements, not sure if any are still around, but it wouldn't be too hard to fab up of not. Still need to be mindful of the weight up top regardless though.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I have the factory mopar kj under-drivers-seat sub, it’s enough for me and fits in otherwise unused space, don’t know the part number offhand, but it is a complete kit with the y-harness and everything if you get it NOS.

On the roof bars i know there were a few places that make steel factory replacements, not sure if any are still around, but it wouldn't be too hard to fab up of not. Still need to be mindful of the weight up top regardless though.
If going for custom steel on the roof rails, best to have them gabbed locally. The one place in the US that still sells them is notoriously bad to deal with.

tom3tone2012

Reaction score
Does anybody have a subbox mounted under any of the seats? I want to keep the trunk clear but havent found many pre-made sub boxs.
Mr. Panda,
Idid some research on the higher end of cost there are a cpouple of made to order speaker companies overseas ( haven't got any internet sites but get monthly publications on high end audio and video, if you have the benjimans thats where i would start looking , do you have power or manual it will make a difference, what can it hurt to look and see and i'll keep you posted on what i find. i have a simple dual self contained sub and amp reated at a meageer 300 watts, But look at it like it's a jeep for gods sakes the squirrels, and deer don't care what your pushin.