UK. new to Jeep and KJ, wanting to buy & looking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepykj

Reaction score
Hi,
I have always fancied a Jeep and now started looking this past 3 weeks for a nice KJ 2002-2005. Still dont really know what I want, and have limited budget of £1500
so I think it is wise to stick with 2.4L Petrol. Though I would rather a CRD 2.8 - out of reach not with my budget unless it has got 150k miles.

I have been looking on ebay UK and some auction houses. I had actually won an auction, an 2005 KJ Sport base model, very clean 79k on clock, for £1478 . but the guy seems to be messing me around! just after I won uncontactable, As soon as I won the auction I messaged to arrange deposit and full payment and collection by transporter. 4 days later eventually messaged me back saying that the engine had just stopped working and EML on. when ever I try call always voice mail ! when he messages via email that he will call me back he does not. Bit of a night mare stuck in limbo, cant commit to buy anything else now.. he eventually messaged me to state he will take it to the garage and let me know whats up, but 4 days passed and he is non responsive again, has not called when he said he would. seems to go around in circles. So still no Jeep on my drive!

Might have to buy something that is a not taxed etc for £800 , get it home and fix the problems. they look pretty straight forward to work on.

are there any KJ buyers guides that details things to look out for ?

cheers

g3sr

Reaction score
Hi,
I have always fancied a Jeep and now started looking this past 3 weeks for a nice KJ 2002-2005. Still dont really know what I want, and have limited budget of £1500
so I think it is wise to stick with 2.4L Petrol. Though I would rather a CRD 2.8 - out of reach not with my budget unless it has got 150k miles.

I have been looking on ebay UK and some auction houses. I had actually won an auction, an 2005 KJ Sport base model, very clean 79k on clock, for £1478 . but the guy seems to be messing me around! just after I won uncontactable, As soon as I won the auction I messaged to arrange deposit and full payment and collection by transporter. 4 days later eventually messaged me back saying that the engine had just stopped working and EML on. when ever I try call always voice mail ! when he messages via email that he will call me back he does not. Bit of a night mare stuck in limbo, cant commit to buy anything else now.. he eventually messaged me to state he will take it to the garage and let me know whats up, but 4 days passed and he is non responsive again, has not called when he said he would. seems to go around in circles. So still no Jeep on my drive!

Might have to buy something that is a not taxed etc for £800 , get it home and fix the problems. they look pretty straight forward to work on.

are there any KJ buyers guides that details things to look out for ?

cheers
Good morning Mr?,

Sorry to hear of your ebay troubles with that chap, it does sometimes happen.

I have a lovely KJ 2004 3.7ltr with an LPG conversion for you at only £1500, if you are quick to reply to me.

We used to buy the LPG for 72p/ltr when i was back home, tho i see it has gone up to 80p now, tho still much cheaper than petrol!

Runs beautiful, albeit not been used for quite a while, during my spell overseas, so would require a good service.
Has full leather and all Limited edition extras as standard, inc overdrive on the auto-box.
No towbar fitted, so never been used for towing.
Everything works well apart from the aircon, which has never worked since i purchased the jeep, but it hasn't bothered me.

Have some spares in the boot for her, new filters etc, and even a brand new starter motor still unopened in the box, though it does not require one (ordered in error)!

Still has MOT to Nov 2022, but i am going back to Thailand as soon as my boat is sold, so you will need to let me know quickly if you would like her?

Try 07512441771 or [email protected]

Cheers, Richard.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
My KJ (also a 3.7 |+ LPG) was my 4th purchase on fleabay & I've always been lucky but I wouldn't waste my time with your seller.

Cheapest LPG in |Devon's probably Trago Mills in Newton Abbot - but I still think it's 96p. Still the cheapest way to go so far as fuel costs are concerned though.

The one you've been offered's definitely worth a looksee, even if it is t'other side of the county.

Let us know how you get on.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His post was from about 6.5 years ago and last login almost 6 years ago, good chance you won't be hearing from the original poster, unfortunatley.

Latest posts

Members online