U.S. House members write to Chrysler as Jeep Wrangler ‘Death Wobble’ Targeted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives have asked Chrysler to address an issue that hundreds of Jeep Wrangler owners have complained about.

The problem is known colloquially as the Jeep "Death Wobble" and according to a report in Detroit News, it is associated with Wrangler vehicles from the 2005-2010 model years. It tends to appear at speeds above 45 miles per hour, often after the Wrangler has hit some kind of obstruction, such as a pothole or bump in the road, which causes the Wrangler to "shimmy."

Full Article: AUTOS: Jeep ‘Death Wobble’ Targeted

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
Not too surprised. It is annoying but very seldomly happens

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I can't see shimmy being called "Death Wobble". If you ever had a set of 44" Groundhogs go wild you would know what death wobble is.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'd send every single one of the complainants a letter that stated "Buy a Dart."

These owners should keep their vehicle properly maintained and this will not happen.

While there's nothing that can be done to completely eliminate "shimmy" (as it is just a characteristic with that type of suspension), it can be virtually eliminated by just keeping the vehicle aligned properly and keeping tires balanced.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see shimmy being called "Death Wobble".

It's because "shimmy" doesn't sound dangerous enough. Wrangler shimmy doesn't make a good headline.

But "DEATH WOBBLE" makes great print, and gets all the chicken littles running around screaming "We gotta save the children, it's the children!!!"

This ****** nanny-state BS is getting way out of hand.

Members online

No members online now.