Two things that I try to avoid doing with my KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andersonbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just screwing around on my car insurance website (Progressive). They have tons of them for different cars...

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about that video of the offset frontal crash. If you look closely at the end few frames, it appears the front driver's tire/wheel would probably be salvageable from that wreck (you'd have to check the bead on the tire), but pay attention to the rear driver's tire/wheel. The impact with the ground (after it gets airborne) seems to totally mess it up, at the very least the tire looks like it gets torn off the wheel, which probably ruined it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I didn't notice the rear tire... but I did notice the wipers, the gas door, the mirror, and the front driver's side flare which bent right back into its normal shape. :-s

Wildbill

Reaction score
Did it mention the speeds that those test were performed at? Just was wondering what speed I should keep it under when backing up :-s

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow for the mirrors to flip forward on their own like that, that's got to be a lot of speed. The mirrors don't move that easy. Also weird how the gas door opened.

TargetPractice

Reaction score
More things noticed

I noticed a few more things about the front impact test.

1) The gas cap opens and closes.
2) The markings on the side say "2001 Jeep Liberty"

Was the KJ supposed to be introduced as a 2001? I know it was a mid-year introduction ( I bought mine in '01 ), but...

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: More things noticed

TargetPractice said:
I noticed a few more things about the front impact test.

1) The gas cap opens and closes.
2) The markings on the side say "2001 Jeep Liberty"

Was the KJ supposed to be introduced as a 2001? I know it was a mid-year introduction ( I bought mine in '01 ), but...

probably some type of govt. or corporate beauracracy. Everything about mine says 2002, but the state of TX, in its infinite wisdom calls it a 2001 on the registration and inspection because it was manufactured in the first half of the year..... ](*,)

Gsan

Reaction score
Check out the Jeep Muscle thread and click through to the ConceptCarz.com site. If you look around on the site, there are 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, and yes, 2001 Jeep Liberties, all at auto shows. The 2001 Jeep Liberty does not look like a concept, it looks like a production 2002. (Alcy)

Latest posts

Members online