Turn Signal Lens Full of Water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight went around to check the lights. The 2004 front turn signal marker/lens was full of water! :hmm::mad3: Could have gone :fishing1:in there.:fish_h4h:
So I took it off and found no damage, or cracks in the front of the lens etc. When I applied pressure on the black top area, it was easy to see that the plastic really had no seal and as you can see I was able to insert a penny into the gap with strength to open it.:icon_confused:
I guess I know why there was water inside this one.
Hopefully the silicone works to seal it.
Anyone else experiencing water in the front lenses?:confused:
Is there not any seals in these just pressure fit?
37542[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• KJTurnSignalLens.jpg
    KJTurnSignalLens.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you can drill tiny holes to the bottom and let the water drain, it will fill again if you drive in water up to your bumpers. I never had this problem even though I drove up to my hood a few times. Oh what fun it is to drive and splash while others crawl through flooded streets.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Until I have extended all the breathers, water is a no go zone for me.
I had thought about drilling a hole, but decided against it, as the cold moist air etc causes condensation inside the lens. If however it does get water in it again, will have no choice but to drill it.:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was your turn signal a stock lens?
reason I ask is I replaced my one turn signal due to road damage, and the new/replacement one got a little water in it, not a lot, more condensation

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never examined my foglights, maybe I should. The idea of a drain hole isn't a bad idea. It's not that uncommon to find condensation within the turn signals too.

I've found water in my foglights before after a water crossing but never inside the turn signals. In my case I remove the entire foglamp, remove the bulb and rinse it out with rubbing alcohol.

It it possible to improve the seal where the bulb mounts with a rubber safe grease? Vaseline might deteriorate the rubber parts.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it appears to be a Made in Canada OEM.
Under recalls, there were 4 companies listed as to not conforming to side amber reflectors. Mine has the reflectors.
Interesting there appears to be a place for a another light bulb, or is this a drain or vent cap? LOL:whip:
As you can see sealing is not preventing condensation. Maybe light bulb on will burn it off?
Next time I am at the dealer going to show them this quality lens.:poop::plugged:
37548[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• JeepMarkerLensLeak.jpg
    JeepMarkerLensLeak.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0