Turn signal clicks quickly...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burro II

Reaction score
This problem comes and goes. Right turn signal clicks real fast some times. When I get out to check things, all fine. The problem goes away.

Hmmmm

What's happening?

Reaction score
This problem comes and goes. Right turn signal clicks real fast some times. When I get out to check things, all fine. The problem goes away.

Hmmmm

What's happening?

Usually a rapid signal is indication of a bad/burnt out bulb. Is it on one side or both sides at the same time? If its on one side only, id replace your indicator bulb and clean your connecting harness up. Also look for frayed/broken wires that may be tripping it here and there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^ what he said
Either a bad bulb, or ground
More than likely a bulb, when you check it, move it a bit , it works. Then hit a bump etc it starts it's dance

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
:) I think ~Casper~ is playing games & wants you to check all bulbs & contacts/sockets for corrosion !
You must be registered for see images attach

Fine emery cloth /clean contacts into sockets, especially the tiny front right #168 side markers.
My Bulb was still good, contact bad.
Casper may like the fog or moisture getting into housings.
Look for for any moisture present inside the housings or seals.
I found tiny cracks fixed by silicone.

Last edited:

flajeepdiver

Reaction score

Hmmmm

What's happening?

Directions blink fast when one is out.

Look at the bulb is the filament intact? give it a little shake. If it looks good clean the contacts in the socket. scratch it with a screwdriver and spray it with electronic cleaner. Still a problem replace the socket their available online for less than 10 bucks. The sockets get very hot because the bulbs are filament type. You can buy direct Led replacements.

Reaction score
Directions blink fast when one is out.

Look at the bulb is the filament intact? give it a little shake. If it looks good clean the contacts in the socket. scratch it with a screwdriver and spray it with electronic cleaner. Still a problem replace the socket their available online for less than 10 bucks. The sockets get very hot because the bulbs are filament type. You can buy direct Led replacements.

LED replacements 99% of the time require a resistor. I had LED's in my truck for some time and the truck thought they were burnt out due to how little power they draw.

flajeepdiver

Reaction score
LED replacements 99% of the time require a resistor. I had LED's in my truck for some time and the truck thought they were burnt out due to how little power they draw.

I put LED's in an 02 Liberty and they just plugged right in. I have them in the tail lights and the side markers

Reaction score
I put LED's in an 02 Liberty and they just plugged right in. I have them in the tail lights and the side markers

I meant for turn signals, my truck thought they were burned out and would click rapidly. For brake lights and markers they will be fine.

And a liberty may not click rapidly with LED turn signals, never used LED's in the liberty.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course they plug in but try using them for turn signals and you get the quick flash everytime , even if only say one front and the rear is the old style, still give you the quick flash

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I meant for turn signals, my truck thought they were burned out and would click rapidly. For brake lights and markers they will be fine.

And a liberty may not click rapidly with LED turn signals, never used LED's in the liberty.
Yes they do as well ;)

flajeepdiver

Reaction score
Of course they plug in but try using them for turn signals and you get the quick flash everytime , even if only say one front and the rear is the old style, still give you the quick flash

They work just no rapid clicking maybe I got a special kind?

Latest posts

Members online