Tuned CRD dyno results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwarren

Reaction score
Hi all been browsing here for a while. Lots of good info. This is my 1st post. I am from NW PA own a diesel shop with our own in-house dyno. I tune a lot of Powerstroke diesels been doing it for years, our 06 6.0L race truck makes 1301HP on fuel only so tuning on a diesel is not all new. But tuning a 2.8 CRD is definitely new to me. I got the itch to play with our 05 CRD liberty. :D

I had purchased a 2005 CRD liberty few mo back and lately decided to do some mods. Cat gutted 3" exhaust from cat back. EGR block off not installed yet.

We got a loaded Superflow dyno.

Stock it makes 154HP / 288ftlbs
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed a Power Puck 165HP / 313ftlbs

I had ordered MPPS 13.02 along with ECM Titanium. Spend a full day on the dyno tuning. I did not up rail pressure in tuning as the power puck does this. I tuned along with the power puck. I keep torque reduced till 2400RPMs as its still got a stock converter. Shudder was bad if I left it come on hard. Better converter going in this week.

Peak power with our ECM tune and power puck working together. 203RWHP @ 2800RPM 391Ft lbs @ 2600RPM. Backup run was 201RWHP

rotten dog

Reaction score
crds

I live in sw. pa. and have done some work on crd I really like how it runs but I need a programmer or tunner to get egr light off . I had a connecting rod bolt fall out new rod new crank rings bearings minus egr runs great any suggestion on egr Thanks Brent

Bobwire

Reaction score
I put on Sasquatch egr delete kit stage 1 and 2, but I then had to get tune from green diesel engineering to get it to run after egr delete

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
First I've heard of a "Power puck". GDE tunes are the most common tune mod.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.